'LIVE with Kelly and Michael' announces top 10 food trucks participating in 'LIVE'S Truckin' Amazing Cook-Off'by jmaloni
Chefs will appear on "LIVE" and compete for a $20,000 grand prize
Monday morning, after a nationwide online vote, "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan announced the 10 contenders in "LIVE's Truckin' Amazing Cook-Off" who will compete for a $20,000 grand prize.
Earlier this month, Ripa and Strahan announced their first-ever summer search for the nation's best food truck. "LIVE's" viewers nominated their favorite food-on-the-go, and, on Friday, May 17, the hosts announced the top 20 as selected by the "LIVE" production team. As soon as the show ended, viewers were encouraged to go to the "LIVE" website, watch videos submitted by the chefs and cast their votes for the top 10.
"LIVE's" viewers have spoken, and the 10 food trucks in "LIVE's Truckin' Amazing Cook-Off" are:
- Gwenies Breakfast Wagon, Schenectady - "The Big Lou!"
- How We Roll, Pittsfield, Mass. - "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!"
- Ms. Cheezious, Miami - "South in your Mouth Melt"
- Mustache Mobile, Atlantic City, N.J. - "Cheesesteak Ole"
- Slidin' Dirty, Troy/Albany - "The Dirty Ninja with Avocado Fries"
- Sugar Philly, Philadelphia - "French Macaroons"
- The Peached Tortilla, Austin, Texas - "BBQ Brisket Taco"
- The Sunflower Truck Stop: Mobile Café, Pottstown, Pa. - "Roast Sweet Potato Quesadilla with Quinoa"
- The Treats Truck, Brooklyn/Manhattan - "Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies"
- What the FORK Truck, Scranton, Pa. - "Pulled Pork Tacos"
Weekly, beginning on Friday, May 24, one of the 10 chefs will travel to New York to prepare his or her signature dish on "LIVE." After each appearance, "LIVE's" viewers can rate the chef's recipe on www.LIVEKellyandMichael.com. Once all of the food trucks have been showcased, the hosts will announce the four food trucks with the highest ratings.
After an audience vote, the top two chefs will go head-to-head for the $20,000 grand prize, returning to New York to compete in a cook-off in front of the "LIVE" audience and a panel of judges. After a taste test, the judges and the studio audience will evaluate the dishes and determine the winner of "LIVE's Truckin' Amazing Cook-Off."
The winning food truck won't be the only prize winner this summer - viewers at home can get in on the action, too. As a reward for rating the recipes online, "LIVE's" viewers also can enter to win weekly prizes of $500 gift cards to Omaha Steaks.
Visit "LIVE" on the Web at www.LIVEKellyandMichael.com, on Facebook, or follow "LIVE" on Twitter, @KellyandMichael.