Buffalo Sabres-Boston Bruins telecast is fourth best-ever for single regular season game on NBC Sports Networkby jmaloni
Telecast draws 847,000 viewers; peaks at 1.1 million
NBC Sports Network is highest-rated network in Boston and Buffalo during Sabres-Bruins telecast
NBC Sports Network's "Wednesday Night Rivalry" telecast featuring the Buffalo Sabres against the Boston Bruins resulted in record-setting regular-season viewership.
NBC Sports Network's coverage of the Sabres dramatic 3-2 shootout victory against the Bruins on Wednesday night drew 847,000 viewers and peaked at more than 1.1 million viewers.
• The telecast was the fourth most watched single regular-season game in NBC Sports Network history and was up 84 percent vs. NBC Sports Network's 2011-12 exclusive time period average.
• NBC Sports Network was a top 10 cable network for the 7:30-10:15 p.m. ET time period among M18-49 (No. 7) and M25-54 (No. 8).
NBC Sports Network's 13 "Wednesday Night Rivalry" NHL games have averaged 662,000 average viewers, up 49 percent above NBC Sports Network's 2011-12 Wednesday night exclusive game average.
• Through 49 games, the NHL on NBC Sports Network has drawn 415,000 average viewers, up 25 percent from last year's full regular season average (332,000).
In Boston, Sabres-Bruins on NBC Sports Network received a 7.9 HH rating, which was the third highest-rated regular-season Bruins game ever on NBC Sports Network (behind Boston's two games vs. Montreal this season 9.26 on 3/3/13 and 8.51 on 3/27/13).
• The game was up 77 percent from the Bruins' 2011-12 regular season average on NBCSN in the market.
• NBC Sports Network was the No. 1 rated network overall in Boston during the 7:30-10:15 p.m. time period.
In Buffalo, Sabres-Bruins on NBC Sports Network received a 9.0 HH rating and was the No. 1 rated network overall during the 7:30-10:15 p.m. time period.