Erie County Legislator Kevin Hardwick has announced that a Home Energy Assistance Program outreach will be held Tuesday, Feb. 5, at Grand Island Golden Age Center, 3278 Whitehaven Road. Interviews will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 4 p.m. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. All applicants will be interviewed.
HEAP is a federally funded program to assist income eligible Erie County residents with the costs of home heating, electricity, and energy conservation. The HEAP outreach will be administered by the Erie County Departments of Social Services and Senior Services and is open to all income eligible households.
Said Hardwick, "It is extremely important that anyone who needs help heating their home take the proper steps to apply for HEAP to ensure they receive assistance. These outreach events help eligible residents with the applications process, which can be overwhelming. Anyone who needs an application or has questions is encouraged to contact my office."
Applicants must bring the following documentation to the outreach:
1) Proof of gross income received within the last 30 days for all household members
2) Social Security numbers for all household members
3) One form of ID for all household members (birth certificate or Social Security card or driver's license or school ID, etc.)
4) Proof of residency (Rent receipt, mortgage statement, utility bill)
5) Current heat and/or electric bill.
For questions or additional information, call the HEAP Hotline at 716-858-7644 or HEAP Application Request Line at 716-858-1969.