Senator Maziarz announces local job creation projects to receive state fundingby jmaloni
Area projects among winners of Regional Economic Development Council awards
State Sen. George Maziarz announced Wednesday that 13 job creation projects in the 62nd Senate District will receive critically important state funds through the second round of Regional Economic Development Council awards.
"This is tremendous news because these projects will strengthen our economy and help create and retain jobs," Maziarz said. "Our community leaders serving on the Regional Economic Development Council have worked hard to put together an economic development strategy that takes advantage of the tremendous resources, skills and talent in our area. I applaud Gov. Cuomo and Lt. Gov. Duffy for this successful initiative that is spurring job growth and building a stronger economy for the future."
Cuomo said, "For the second year in a row, the Regional Councils have been on the forefront of rebuilding New York state's economy. For too many years, top-down economic development policies have failed communities across the state and not truly invested in the unique resources and strengths of each of New York's regions. Now a new, bottom-up approach is in place that brings local communities together to chart their own economic destiny. The second round of Regional Economic Development Council awards will deliver funding for critical projects and investments in communities across our state, helping put New Yorkers back to work and rebuilding our economy."
The following job creation projects in the 62nd Senate
District will receive funding from the second round of the Regional Economic
Development Council program:
- Val Tech Holdings - Building Expansion in Rochester
- Village of Holley - Public Square Revitalization Program
- Town of Shelby - Takeform Architectural Graphics
- Takeform - Takeform Relocation
- Acquest Development LLC - Fort Niagara Development
- City of North Tonawanda - Design and Construction of Erie Canal Kayak Launches
- City of Lockport - Harrison Place Manufacturing Project
- City of Lockport - Restoration of Two of the Historic Flight of the Five Locks
- Town of Royalton - Wastewater Engineering Study
- Village of Youngstown - LWRP Update
- Young Women's Christian Association of Niagara - Community Culinary Training Center
- City of Niagara Falls Community Development Department - Stabilization Project
- RUS Industries - Management and Operations Training
"I have been proud to work with people from every part of our area, including leaders in business, education, local governments, economic development and planning and others, to develop a list of job creation projects that achieve our goals of creating jobs and building a strong foundation for future growth," Maziarz said.
Statewide, a total of $738 million was awarded for 725 economic development projects in every region of New York.