Lewiston: Competition intensifies for national 'Best for Food' titleby jmaloni
Lewiston currently in second place, behind last year's runner-up
Lovers of Lewiston cuisine urged to double-up efforts to vote
Vote by clicking here:http://goo.gl/w9qw5
From the Historical Association of Lewiston
Fact: If just 3 out of every 100 people who receive an email from the Historical Association of Lewiston voted, Lewiston would be propelled to the top of the USA Today/Rand McNally list of "Best for Food" small towns in America.
We're currently in 2nd place. That's why we ask -- urge you -- to spend just a couple of minutes to help Lewiston get the national recognition it deserves. Burnsville, Minn., is currently leading the pack. Burnsville, a suburb of Minneapolis and three times our size, was a runner-up for last year's title and decided to try again. Another contestant for "Best for Food" is Walla Walla, Wa., last year's winner for "Most Friendly small Town in America."
How It Works
A combination of three things determine the winner -- votes, reviews and judges. The towns that garner the most votes and "quality reviews" will host visiting judges in June/July. The judges consist of a two-person road rally team that will cross the country and evaluate each town's culinary fare. Last year, Lafayette, La., won the title and judges spent 40 hours there, visiting more than 10 local restaurants.
How You Can Make A Big
Please put together a couple of sentences (more if you'd like) about why Lewiston is a food lover's paradise. Feel free to mention your favorite restaurants. You can also upload pictures too. Do you enjoy The Silo? Look forward to Apple Granny's fish fries? How about BBQ at the Brickyard? Do you like Mangia's for lunch? What about DiCamillo's bread and pastries, or the delicious Village Bake Shoppe?
And how about Lewiston Pub's wings? Don't forget Hibbard's custard! There are dozens of specific food topics you can write about - use your imagination and let the world know that, when it comes to food, Lewiston is the place to be!
After you vote, spread the word! Encourage others to join our efforts -- after all, this is community and regional effort.
Voting For Lewiston
1) Click here: http://goo.gl/w9qw5
2) Click the green button, review and vote
3) Put in your information to register to vote. (If you don't want email updates, uncheck that box.)
4) You will be taken back to the Lewiston page automatically after you register. Once there, click on the review and vote button, and type in your statement why you think Lewiston is deserving of the "Best For Food for Small Towns in America."
5) Select "Best For Food" in the box below and click the green review and vote button again, and you're done. (You may get a box pop-up that asks you if you want to share your review on a social network like Facebook. You can choose one, or just click the "X" and make the box disappear.)
100 Percent Volunteer Effort
This is a home-grown 100 percent volunteer effort by a committee of Lewiston enthusiasts. Why are we doing this? Because there is a treasure trove of free promotion and publicity at stake. Top entrants will land a place in the 2014 Rand McNally Road Atlas, as well as on RandMcNally.com and USA Today Travel, and receive millions of online impressions. In a nutshell, this will put Lewiston on the map for its wide variety of delicious food offerings.
Please post the voting instructions on your Facebook page - and we encourage you to forward this email to all your friends and loved ones.