Lewiston aiming for national 'Best For Food' titleby jmaloni
Nominated for USA Today's "Best of the Road, 2012 Best Small Towns in America"
Lewiston fans urged to vote and write quick reviews.
From the Historical Association of Lewiston
Can you help promote Lewiston to a national audience? Do you have a couple of minutes to sing Lewiston's praises? USA Today and Rand McNally are conducting a contest to find the best small towns in America. With your help and enthusiasm, we can push Lewiston to the top!
There are five categories of competition, and Lewiston would easily be a strong competitor in all of them. However, using a bit of strategy, area volunteer organizers want to focus on one category, rather than split the votes among several. They are shooting for Lewiston to be "Best for Food."
And why not? Everyone knows Lewiston is famous as a culinary extravaganza -- we have great restaurants, cafes and bakeries all over town.
This Is How You Can Help
Here is a simple and quick guide that you can use to help Lewiston get to the top.
Rankings will be determined by the number of "Best For Food" votes and "quality reviews." So please put together a couple of sentences (more if you'd like) about why Lewiston is a food lover's paradise. Feel free to mention your favorite restaurants. You can also upload pictures too.
Do you enjoy the Silo? Look forward to Apple Granny's fish fries? How about BBQ at the Brickyard? Do you like Mangia's for lunch? What about DiCamillo's bread and pastries, or the delicious Village Bake Shoppe? And how about Lewiston Pub's wings? Don't forget Hibbard's custard!
There are dozens of specific food topics you can write about - use your imagination and let the world know that when it comes to food, Lewiston is the place to be!
Instructions For Voting For Lewiston
Your vote counts and is needed!
1) Click here: http://goo.gl/w9qw5
2) Click the green button, review and vote
3) Put in your information to register to vote. (If you don't want email updates, uncheck that box.)
4) You will be taken back to the Lewiston page automatically after you register. Once there, click on the review and vote button, and type in your statement why you think Lewiston is deserving of the "Best For Food" for small towns in America.
5) Select "Best For Food" in the box below and click the green review and vote button again, and you're done. (You may get a box pop-up that asks you if you want to share your review on a social network like Facebook. You can choose one, or just click the "X" and make the box disappear.)