Sunnking, in partnership with Camp Good Days and Special Times, has created a program called "E-Scrap 4 Camp" to turn old electronics into funds to help improve the quality of life for children, adults and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. The combined efforts of everyone who recycles through this annual event will help to make a huge difference in the lives of people who have been afflicted by this disease.
The first "E-Scrap 4 Camp" event took place in 2011. Sunnking recycled 251,021 lbs. of electronics with the help of more than 60 participating businesses in the Buffalo area and, as a result, $8,030.63 was donated to Camp Good Days to fund future programs and send children with cancer to summer camp.
Here's how to participate:
1. Visit www.sunnking.com/escrap-4-camp and complete the online registration.
2. A Sunnking representative will contact you to schedule a drop-off of supplies and provide additional information on the event.
3. Set up Sunnking-provided E-Scrap collection supplies at your business/organization.
4. Accept electronics from employees, friends, relatives, businesses or anyone else in the Buffalo area.
5. Sunnking will pick up the collected electronics one week later for recycling.
6. A certificate of recycling/destruction will be provided to each participating location with the weight of electronics collected.
7. All hard drives will be securely destroyed.
8. At the end of the event, the organization with the highest weight of electronics collected will receive an additional $500 from Sunnking, which will be donated to Camp Good Days on the winning organization's behalf.
9. Sunnking will provide a monetary donation per pound for the total amount of weight collected from the event.
10. If you don't work for a participating organization, but would still like to participate, drop-off your electronics at one of the community electronics recycling events in conjunction with "E-Scrap 4 Camp."