'Back to Buffalo 3: The UB Dance Alumni All-Star Concert' is Sept. 24by jmaloni
Proceeds to benefit the Center for the Arts' dance residency program
The University at Buffalo The Center for the Arts presents "Back to Buffalo 3: The UB Dance Alumni All-Star Concert" on Saturday, Sept. 24, at 8 p.m. in the Drama Theatre (UB North Campus). The UB Alumni Association sponsors the performance.
The center's dance residency outreach program brings professional dance companies into area schools for workshops, demonstrations and performances. Since 1997, more than a dozen professional visiting artists have provided more than 20,000 students with free dance performances and workshops. Additionally, the dance residency helps attract prospective students and affords UB dance majors the opportunity to take part in master classes with international professional artists.
This program allows the center to give back to the community while helping UB's theatre and dance department provide its students with worthwhile experiences and connections in the performing arts.
All proceeds from the "Back to Buffalo 3" performance will benefit the spring 2012 dance residency at the UB Center for the Arts.
Currently scheduled to perform:
- Rich Ashworth (Chicago Tap Theater)
- Megan Castlevetere (Stiletto Entertainment/Holland America; Buffalo native)
- Kristen Danga (Disney, YOW Dance; Buffalo native)
- Teal Darkenwald (faculty, East Carolina University and Magnus Midwest)
- Jenny Laroche (Rockette - The Radio City Christmas Spectacular; TV/film)
- Meghen Squires McKinley (Convergence Dance Theater)
- Leanne Rinelli (choreographer, adjunct professor at Buffalo State College)
- Jason Stotz (Missouri Contemporary Ballet)
- Jessica Wolfrum (River North Chicago; Buffalo native)
In addition, UB's Zodiaque Dance Company will perform a piece choreographed by UB alum Jon Lehrer (founder and artistic director of LehrerDance).
The alumni will teach master classes on Sunday, Sept. 25. Visit www.ubcfa.org for registration details.
Tickets for "Back to Buffalo 3: The UB Dance Alumni All-Star Concert" are $26.50 (general admission) and $11.50 (students from any school). Tickets are available at the Center Box Office and all Ticketmaster locations including ticketmaster.com. To charge tickets, call 1-800-745-3000 (in Canada 416-870-8000). For more information, call 716-645-2787.