Premieres Wednesday, Aug. 24, at 10 p.m.; Beastie Boys' Adam "Ad Rock" Horovitz, the cast of "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory," Francois Payard and Cat Cora serve as celebrity guest judges
You can satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt when Bravo's most delectable series, "Top Chef Just Desserts" returns for a second season on Wednesday, Aug. 24, at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Fourteen pastry chefs will see if they have what it takes to out bake, out blend and out brulee the competition where the main focus is the Achilles heel of most chefs: desserts.
Gail Simmons returns as the host of this highly competitive series showcasing the best of the best in the world of pastry arts. Once again joining the judges' panel as head judge is Johnny Iuzzini, one of the country's most celebrated and innovative pastry chefs and executive pastry chef at Restaurant Jean Georges. Hubert Keller, critically acclaimed chef as well as guest judge on "Top Chef" and finalist on "Top Chef Masters," and Dannielle Kyrillos, entertaining expert and contributing editor of Food Republic will also serve as regular judges for the series.
"Top Chef Just Desserts" features 14 chef'testants who will be whittled down week by week as they compete to out-bake their competition. The winning chef will receive $100,000 furnished by KitchenAid, a feature in Food & Wine magazine and a showcase at the annual Food & Wine Cayman Cookout.
The chefs must face off in some of the most difficult and creative challenges seen thus far - from fairytale showpieces and edible room décor to high-class gingerbread houses and carnival delights - all while serving up these treats to some celebrity guest judges.
For a sneak peek of the second season of "Top Chef Just Desserts" go to: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-just-desserts/season-2/videos/coming-up-in-this-sweet-second-season. To meet the cast of "Top Chef Just Desserts," visit www.BravoTV.com.
Following are the 14 new "Top Chef Just Desserts" chef'testants:
- Amanda Rockman, 29 - Hometown: Katy, Texas - Resides in Chicago, Ill.
- Carlos Enriquez, 33 - Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif. -Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Chris Hanmer, 33 - Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif. - Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Craig Poirier, 25 - Hometown: Derry, N.H. - Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Katzie Guy-Hamilton, 24 - Hometown: Worcester, Mass. - Resides in New York, N.Y.
- Lina Biancamano, 37 - Hometown: Phoenix, Ariz. - Resides in Fort Worth, Texas
- Matthew Petersen, 32 - Hometown: Dublin, Pa. - Resides in Arlington, Va.
- Megan Ketover, 31 - Hometown/ Resides In: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Melissa Camacho, 30 - Hometown: Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Resides in New York , N.Y.
- Nelson Paz, 33 - Hometown: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Resides in Boston, Mass.
- Orlando Santos, 32 - Hometown: St. Croix, US Virgin Islands - Resides in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Rebecca Masson, 39 - Hometown: Laramie, Wyo. -Resides in Houston, Texas
- Sally Camacho, 31 - Hometown/ Resides In: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Vanarin Kuch, 26 - Hometown/ Resides In: Houston, Texas