Tour of Kitchens menu revealedby jmaloni
The culinary samples tour patrons will have an opportunity to taste in the various homes include:
- Carmelo's Restaurant: Antipasti terrine (layers of garden vegetables, herbs, mozzarella cheese and cured meats, finished with EVOO).
- Macri's Italian Grille: manicotti stuffed with a blend of ricotta and parmesan cheeses and finished with Macri's own Bolognese sauce.
- The Delaware: Stuffed chili pepper (pepper jack and cheddar cheese stuffed poblano peppers, fried and served with a cilantro-lime tomato sauce), and pork and cheddar tater tots (large potato croquettes filled with pulled pork, cheddar and onions).
- Wegmans: Grilled beef shoulder with gorgonzola cheese and caramelized onions served on a crostini.
- The Nines Catering Company: Wine and cheese revisited (homemade peppercorn pasta, roasted grapes, crispy pancetta and freshly grated parmesan cheese drizzled with olive oil).
- The Youngstown Village Diner: Black bean and rice soup topped with a cilantro sour cream. Strawberry walnut salad featuring a bed of crisp romaine lettuce topped with red onions, fresh strawberries, toasted walnuts and crumbly blue cheese, finished with the diner's own honey balsamic dressing.
- The Bistro at the Old Fort Inn/The Red Coach Inn: Southwestern steak fajita canapé (grilled seasoned flank steak, guacamole and fresh salsa on a tortilla) and chicken salad Oliver (chicken breast, potatoes, peas, pickle, carrots, eggs and onions).
- Wine on Third: Sesame seared ahi tuna with soba noodles, seaweed salad, tobiko roe, wasabi drizzle and a won ton chip.
Tickets include a wine and dessert tasting. In between visiting the homes, there will be wine tasting and dessert sampling reception exclusively for ticket holders at Water Street Landing, 115 S. Water St., Lewiston. DiCamillo Bakery and The Village Bake Shoppe will feature pastries and cakes to taste.
Silver Spoon Sponsors include: CFM Stone Surfaces, Creative Storage, Great Lakes Real Estate, Niagara Frontier Publications, Supermarket Liquors and Wines and Wegmans - Niagara Falls.
Tablescapes will be inspired by the following retailers and designers: AJC Interiors, All Season Rental, Canterbury Place, The Country Doctor, Homeward Bound, Summertime Blooms, Tasia Fitzpatrick and vanderpool:design.
The Tour of Kitchens and Homes is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 11, and Sunday, June 12. For more information, or for tickets, call 745-7220 or visit http://www.TourofKitchens.net.