Final 20 contestants picked on 'The Voice'by jmaloni
NBC named the final 20 of its 32 selected team contestants who will move onto the next round of the new vocal competition series "The Voice" featuring its four musician coaches: Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
The last 20 team contestants - and their assigned musician coaches, home towns, music style (if applicable) and Twitter handles on NBC.com - follow:
Team Christina Aguilera
- Cherie Oakley, Evansville, Ind., country, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/cherie-oakley/
- Julia Eason, Palos Verdes, Calif., pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/julia-eason/
- Justin Grennan, Enumclaw, Wash., R&B, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/justin-grennan
- Raquel Castro, Long Island, N.Y., pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/raquel-castro/
- Lily Elise, San Anselmo, Calif., R&B/pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/lily-elise/
Team Cee Lo Green
- Curtis Grimes, Gilmer, Texas, country, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/curtis-grimes/
- Emily Valentine, Los Angeles, rock, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/emily-valentine/
- Nakia, Austin, Texas, blues, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/nakia/
- Niki Dawson, Jacksonville, Fla., pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/niki-dawson/
- Tori & Taylor Thompson, Santa Maria, Calif., country, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/tori-and-taylor/
Team Adam Levine
- Angela Wolff, Nashville, Tenn., rock, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/angela-wolff/
- Casey Desmond, Weymouth, Mass., glam rock, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/casey-desmond/
- Casey Weston, Naples, Fla., country, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/casey-weston/
- Devon Barley, Mattapoisett, Mass., pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/devon-barley/
- Tim Mahoney, Minneapolis, pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/tim-mahoney/
Team Blake Shelton
- Dia Frampton, St. George, Utah, indie, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/dia-frampton/Jared
- Blake, Star City, Ark., rock, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/jared-blake/
- Sara Oromchi, San Jose, Calif., pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/sara-oromochi/
- SeraBee, Kiln, Miss., http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/serabee/
- Tyler Robinson, Caldwell, Idaho, pop, http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/tyler-robinson/
The full list of 32 contestants (including the first 12 named last week) can be found on www.nbc.com/the-voice .
Much like today's music stars, the artists/contestants are encouraged to interact with viewers via social media to build a fan base. The fans will have an important role in the live performance shows, as they will have the opportunity to vote to save their favorites on each coach's team.
In the finals, each coach will have one artist/contestant left to represent them and that artist's fate will be in the viewer's hands. One of the four finalists will be named "The Voice" - and will receive the grand prize of a recording contract with Universal Music Group and $100,000.
Last night's telecast of "The Voice" scored a 5.6 rating, 14 share in adults 18-49 and attracted 12.4 million viewers overall according to preliminary "fast affiliate" results from Nielsen Media Research. The figures represent growth over the prior week's premiere results of 10 percent in adults 18-49 (with a 5.6 rating vs. a 5.1) and 5 percent in total viewers (12.377 million vs. 11.775 million). "The Voice" is the first new series on ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox this season to grow from week one to week two in 18-49 rating or total viewers (excludes the strip series "Million Dollar Money Drop" and the special preview of "Perfect Couples"). Excluding sports, the 5.6 rating is NBC's highest in the time period since Nov. 29, 2005 (7.1 for the second hour of the "Biggest Loser" finale and "SVU"). In total viewers, it's NBC's top non-sports result in the time period since Sept. 1, 2009 (12.8 million for "America's Got Talent").
"The Voice" will be broadcast from 10-11 p.m. (ET) each Tuesday night on May 10, May 17 and May 24 following new episodes of "The Biggest Loser" (Tuesdays, 8-10 p.m. ET).