Lewiston Police Blotter for April 16, 2011by jbacon
The following activity occurred Monday, April 4, to Sunday, April 10, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 78 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, April 4
• block of Ransomville Road, assist. Patrol responded with Niagara County Office on a report of shots fired. Patrols checked area with negative results.
• 400 block of Dansworth Road, assist. Patrol responded with NCSO on a suspicious person call in the Youngstown Estates area. No further details.
• 400 block of Lockport Street, check situation. Patrol checked a church building and reported all secure. Cleaner on location.
• block of Wayside Drive, neighbor problem. Patrol spoke with the neighbor and resolved the issue; no report wanted by complainant.
• 2400 block of Youngstown-Lockport Road, assist. Patrol responded with NCSO on a custody dispute.
• 2500 block of Moore Road, attempted burglary. Statement taken from a 48-year-old male who reported window screens removed but no entry made. Report filed.
Tuesday, April 5
• Ridge and Model City roads, two-vehicle injury accident. Statements taken from both drivers. Driver No. 1 transported to Mount St. Mary Hospital and Health Center. MV forms issued; vehicles towed. Report filed.
• 4800 block of Eddy Drive West, fraud complaint. Statement taken from a 57-year-old female; investigation to continue. Report filed.
• 400 block of Morgan Drive, check-the-welfare. All OK.
• 400 block of Onondaga Street, domestic incident. Patrol spoke with a female and male, both 31 years old. Domestic incident Report filed.
Wednesday, April 6
• 400 block of Chicora Road, alarm response. All OK; call avoidable.
• 700 block of Powell Lane, AED-EMS response. No shock administered; party transported by Lewiston No. 1 Volunteer Fire Co. for treatment.
• Robert Moses Parkway at Pletcher Road, suspicious vehicle. Patrol advised of a silver sedan with a child. Vehicle gone on patrol arrival.
• 2900 block of Upper Mountain Road, check-the-welfare. Patrol reported the 25-year-old male on the above mental health response subsequently refused to cooperate. Subject taken by patrol to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center for an evaluation. Report filed.
Thursday, April 7
• 5400 block of Bridgeman Road, check situation. Homeowner told patrol he thought he heard someone screaming for help. Area checked with negative results.
• 800 block of Pletcher Road, missing person. Patrol spoke with a 38-year-old male regarding a female. Report filed.
• 4200 block of Dickersonville Road, assist. Patrol assisted hotline responders on a check the welfare call. No further details.
• 400 block of Center Street, lockout. Two-year-old child locked in a vehicle. Tow service on location per NCSO to assist.
• 900 block of Center Street, graffiti complaint. Patrol spoke with a male; suspect unknown.
• Addresses on the 600 block of Mountain View Drive, and the 600 block of Pletcher Road, separate alarm responses. Both locations secure.
• 200 block of Portage Road, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a 55-year-old male regarding two suspects, one male, one female. No further details.
• Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 48-year-old male; charge not specified. Suspect released.
Friday, April 8
• 500 block of Mohawk Street, unwanted party. Statement taken from a 38-year-old male. Patrol reported the arrest of a 33-year-old male on menacing and criminal trespass charges. Suspect vehicle stopped by Town of Niagara Police. Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court. No further details.
• 400 block of Burt Circle, assist. Patrol on location with Lewiston No. 1; all OK.
• Ridge and Porter Center roads, reckless driver. Patrol advised the driver to use caution.
2700 block of Upper Mountain Road, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported the arrest of a 38-year-old male for aggravated unlicensed operation. Suspect released on appearance tickets to Lewiston Town Court. Vehicle secured; report filed.
• 4800 block of Eddy Drive West, aggravated harassment. Statement taken from a 29-year-old female regarding an unknown suspect. Patrol advised the complainant to change her phone number.
• 1700 block of Swann Road, suspicious vehicle. Patrols assisted NCSO in a suspicious vehicle pursuit and attempt to locate. NCSO handled the call.
Saturday, April 9
• Ridge and Dickersonville roads, reckless driver. Patrol attempted to stop a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed. Patrol lost sight of the vehicle at Route 429.
• 6200 block of Ward Road, reckless driver/DWI. Driver suspected to be linked to the previous call. Driver who was not identified reportedly hit three parked vehicles then fled on foot. NCSO handled the call and was assisted by LPD and State Police.
• Buffalo Street, DWI arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 19-year-old female for driving while intoxicated. Blood Alcohol Content testing performed; BAC result, .22 of 1 percent of alcohol. Uniform traffic tickets issued with return date for Lewiston Town Court. Vehicle towed with 12-hour hold placed. Patrol on the same response reported the arrest of a 20-year-old female for a State Liquor Authority Alcohol Beverage Control violation. Reports filed.
• Center Street, DWI. Patrol reported the arrest of a 24-year-old male for driving while intoxicated and related charges. BAC testing request refused. Vehicle towed with 12-hour hold. Report filed.
• Black Nose Spring Road, suspicious vehicle, possibly stolen. Vehicle towed with hold placed.
• Myers Lake-Black Nose Spring Road area, ATV/motor cycle problem. No further Morgan Farms area, reckless driver. Negative results on patrol search.
• Garlow and Saunders Settlement Road, two-vehicle accident. Statements taken from the drivers; no injuries or tows. Report filed.
• Ridge Road and Big Vista Drive, vehicle check. Patrol reports issuing unspecified vehicle traffic tickets to a 31-year-old male. Car turned over to its rightful owner. Report filed.
• Lauren Court and Raymond Drive, juvenile problem. Patrol reported eight to nine juvenile males had wrapped a vehicle in plastic, covered it with maple syrup and ran. Patrol advised that the suspects and the victim knew each other. Patrol advised the parties with no charges.
• 700 block of Mohawk Street, underage-drinking party. State police handled and parents contacted.
Sunday, April 10
• 5700 block of Lewiston Road, suicide threat involving a male. A 21-year-old male reportedly had a scissors to his throat. Patrol reported the subject was taken to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center by Rural Metro. Report filed.
• 800 block of Center Street, vehicle check, DWI arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 21-year-old male for driving while intoxicated. BAC testing request refused. Bail of $250 assigned; 12-hour hold placed on the vehicle. Report filed.
• 700 block of Cayuga Street, suspicious person/fight complaint. Caller reported two black males fighting at a bar/restaurant. Subjects gone on patrol arrival.
•800 block of Center Street, fight at a bar/restaurant. All parties gone on patrol<0x2019>s arrival.
• Robert Moses parkway, vehicle check/DWI. Patrol reported the arrest of a 19-year-old male for driving while intoxicated. Bail of $250 assigned and 12-hour hold placed on vehicle. Report filed.
• LPD office, arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 55-year-old female on a charge of issuing a bad check. Appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
• 700 block of Center Street, hit-run accident. Plate number logged.
• Bond Lake-Black Nose Spring Road, criminal mischief. Patrol reported the arrest of a 24-year-old male. No further information.
• 1500 block of Mount Hope Road, reckless endangerment/DWI. Patrol reported the arrest of a 36-year-old male; charges not specified. A 44-year-old male was listed as a victim.
• 700 block of Cayuga Street, aggravated harassment. Patrol listed a 24-year-old male as a victim and a 22-year-old male as a suspect.
• Locations on the 5700 block of Walmore Road and on Mount Hope Road, four reports of recovered stolen vehicles on advisories from the Niagara Falls Police department. Plate numbers logged. All vehicles secured.
• 800 block of Foxwood Drive, EMS call. Patrol reported a 52-year-old female with chest pain was taken by Lewiston No. 1 to Mount St. Mary Hospital.