Lewiston Mayor Terry Collesano presented a Village of Lewiston proclamation to longtime resident Norma Dixon in recognition of her 95th birthday on Feb. 4. Dixon was honored for her 60 years of dedication and service to Lewiston while residing with her husband, Harry, on South Seventh Street since 1950.
She was an active member of the Lewiston Service Guild, Lewiston Garden Club, Lewiston Library and First Presbyterian Church of Lewiston. She is also credited for naming the "Coat of Arms Restaurant" on Center Street in the village (currently Carmelo's).
Her husband served as deputy mayor, chair of the village Planning Commission, was a longtime village trustee, and active in the First Presbyterian Church and Lewiston Kiwanis Club. He died in 2001.
The village proclamation also recognized the couple for their service as co-chairpersons of the Lewiston Sesquicentennial Celebration in 1972.
Dixon was an employee of the Lewiston branch of HSBC Bank for many years and is a current resident of Memorial Medical Center's Schoellkopf Health Center. Her daughter, Patricia Berggren, resides in Youngstown and her other daughter, Judith Dixon, lives in Tonawanda.