Featured News - Current News - Archived News - News Categories

Minor damage reported following dining room fire on Schwegler Road

by jmaloni
Tue, Feb 1st 2011 11:00 am

by Ray Pauley

Public Information Officer, Grand Island Fire Co.

Shortly before 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 20, Grand Island firefighters responded to a report of fire and heavy smoke inside a Schwegler Road home. Smoke detectors reportedly alerted two family members, who rushed downstairs to the first floor where they discovered a dining room table engulfed in flames.

GIFC Assistant Chief Chris Soluri stated that the fire was extinguished prior to the arrival of Engine No. 3 and firefighting crews. Careless use of a candle was pinpointed as the immediate cause of the fire, which led to an estimated $2,500 damage within the room of origin.

All GIFC units returned in service at 7:10 p.m. after ventilation operations were completed.

Advertise With Us

Subscribe Today

 

 




Powered by Fission Content Management System | Niagara Falls Web Design by 360PSG