Town of Niagara Police Blotter for Dec. 9by jmaloni
Thu, Dec 9th 2010 02:00 pmThe following is a sampling of the calls the Town of Niagara Police responded to between Nov. 15 and 25. During that time period, 156 calls were received.
Monday, Nov. 15
- Porter Road, property accident. A driver was traveling west on Porter Road at approximately 40 mph when a deer ran out in front of her. The vehicle was towed.
- 6700 block of Elsa Place, larceny. Patrol responded to a residence on a reported larceny complaint. The victim reported to patrol that sometime overnight, an unknown person entered her unlocked shed and stole her son's bike. The bike was described as silver and black.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- 2400 block of Military Road, marijuana. Patrol was dispatched to a business for a report of possible recovered marijuana from a locker in the locker room. An employee stated that he was looking into lockers for the property of a victim of an earlier EMS call and came across a green duffle bag. Inside the duffle bag was a small bag of suspected marijuana. Patrol looked found a pay stub with the suspect's name on it in the bag.
- 7800 block of East Britton, burglary. The victim stated she was in Las Vegas and when she returned she noticed jewelry missing from her home. There was no sign of forced entry.
- Route 31, reckless vehicle. Patrol dispatched to locate a possible reckless driver westbound on Route 31 from Walmore Road. Patrol initiated a traffic stop on Route 31 at Military Road. Patrol determined the driver was elderly and was having trouble seeing the roadway due to heavy rain. Patrol advised the driver to drive slowly until she reached her destination.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- 5700 block of Lewiston Road, aid assist. Patrol assisted Lewiston Police with suicidal female. No problems were reported.
- 10000 block of Porter Road, false alarm. Patrol spoke with the employee of a business who said the panic alarm was set off accidentally.
- 700 block of Sunnydale Drive, check situation. Patrol checked a residence for a possible stolen dog from Lewiston. Patrol heard a dog barking inside. Dispatch attempted telephoning residence. Complainant was advised to contact Lewiston Police for follow-up.
Thursday, Nov. 18
- Colomba Drive, EMS call. Patrol responded to a call of an elderly female not breathing. Medical personnel believe the victim suffered a heart attack while at the doctor's office.
- 4200 block of Military Road, hit and run accident. Complainant states she parked her vehicle in a business' parking lot and when she returned outside she noticed someone had struck her vehicle and did not stop to report it. The vehicle had minor damage to the front driver side corner and from bumper. No witnesses were available.
- Lockport Road and Haseley Drive, DMV suspension. Patrol stopped a vehicle after a citizen's complaint of a vehicle having numerous unsecured items falling off the back of the truck. Patrol also observed these items. During the interview process, it was determined that the driver's license was suspended and there was as an active warrant out of Niagara Falls.
Friday, Nov. 19
- 2900 block of Nevada Avenue, check situation. A carbon monoxide detector alarm went off. Niagara Active responded and checked air quality. Patrol cleared.
- 4900 block of Saunders Settlement Road, harassment. An intoxicated male stated that his brother-in-law was going to come over and "kick his. ..." Patrol, who was familiar with the male and his alcoholic issues, advised the subject to go to bed. Patrol cleared.
- 1700 block of Military Road, vandalism. An employee of a mall stated that a large fight between juveniles broke out in front of her store. During the incident, one of the juveniles was thrown into the front entry door, and upon crashing into the door, the glass shattered. Damage to the glass door is estimated at approximately $2,000.
Saturday Nov. 20
- 7500 block of Packard Road, fraud. A business owner reported two counterfeit $20 bill received from a customer who purchased $40 of gas. The man said he did not want bills back if they were counterfeit, paid for the gas with other bills and left. Registered owner of the vehicle is a Laur Road resident.
- 4300 block of Jackson Drive, possible illegal hunting. A man dressed in camouflage, carrying a long gun was observed in woods near a residence. Patrol unable to locate.
- 1900 block of Military Road, fraud. A woman reported being approached by two men in the mall parking lot and offered an iPod and laptop computer for $500.
- Porter Road, accident. A driver reported striking a deer.
Sunday, Nov. 21
- 6900 block of Joanne Circle South, prowler. A resident reported seeing an unknown male hop over the fence in his back yard. When confronted, the man ran towards Laur Road.
- 8500 block of East Britton Drive, neighbor complaint. A resident complained that a neighbor was putting dirt on his property while leveling a dirt pile and that the neighbor had an illegal open burn going.
Monday, Nov. 22
- Grauer Road, suspicious person. A vehicle parked at park entrance turned out to be a private investigator working in the area.
- 3300 block of Rhode Island Avenue, assault. Patrol found a victim unconscious on the floor of an apartment. A witness stated that two males were involved in argument over a marijuana sale. Suspect transported to Niagara County Jail on $250 bail.
- 3000 block of Savannah Street, EMS aid. Six-month-old having trouble breathing. Rural Metro on location.
Tuesday, Nov. 23
- 1700 block of Military Road, harassment. Complainant reported a terminated employee acted in a manner than caused concern that he could harm other employees or himself.
- Lockport and Military roads, road rage. Complainant reported a man in a gold Oldsmobile pointed what appeared to be a black handgun at him. Patrol located suspect at a nearby restaurant. No weapon was found. Suspect stated he did wave his hand as he passed the complainant who was driving at 20 mph on Lockport Road, but had nothing in his hand.
Wednesday, Nov. 24
- 3200 block of Military Road, fire. Patrol observed a large amount of dark smoke coming from rear of building and billowing across the road. A man doing construction stated he was burning wood. Patrol advised to put fire out.
- Kline Road, aid assist. Patrol assisted Lewiston Police with a possible hunter behind the church. Negative results.
- 1900 Military Road, larceny. Niagara Falls man reported someone stole his unsecured bicycle from a bike rack at the mall.
Thursday, Nov. 25
- 8400 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. Patrol assisted Niagara Falls Police with a large fight inside a fast food restaurant.
- 1600 block of Tuscarora Road, fire. A resident was able to put out a stove fire and save the turkey, before patrol's arrival.
- 1900 block of Military Road. Patrol assisted with crowd control for those entering mall for Black Friday sale.
- 1900 block of Military Road. A woman reported she discovered her wallet missing while she was shopping at the mall for Black Friday sales.