Hop aboard Art Express
Thu, Nov 11th 2010 01:00 pm
Join in the family fun as you hop aboard the Art Express at 2 p.m.
Saturdays at the Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University.
Art Express family workshops begin with storytelling in the
galleries, followed by a tour of selected artworks, and finally a trip to the
classroom for exciting art projects. The $3 member/$2 non-member program fee
includes instruction and all materials.
The exhibition's "Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Landscapes from
the Permanent Collection" inspire Art projects for November.
- Nov. 13 -- Artwork: Jerome Blum, "Landscape in Provence"; story:
Julie Merberg, "Sunday with Seurat"; activity: painting with dots.
- Nov. 20 -- Artwork: Paul Troubetsky, "Dancer with Leg Extended"; story: Laurence Anholt, "Degas and the Little Dancer"; activity: gesture drawings.
All artworks in the December series are from the exhibition "Fly
Me to the Moon: Celestial Bodies from the Permanent Collection."
- Dec. 4 -- Artwork: Sonia Delaunay, untitled; story: Eric Carle,
"Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me"; activity: colorful collage.
- Dec. 11 -- Artworks: Albert Ryder, "Moonlit Coastal Scene Ernest
Fiene, East River Night"; story: Kate Banks, "And If the Moon Could Talk"; activity: moonlit landscapes
- Dec. 18 -- Artwork: Rufino Tomayo, "Paisaje (Landscape)"; story:
Carolyn Curtis, "I Took the Moon for a Walk"; activity: printmaking with
Adult supervision is required. Call
286-8200 to reserve a space.