Lewiston Police Blotter for Oct. 2by jmaloni
The following activity occurred Monday, Sept. 20, to Sunday, Sept. 26, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 107 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, Sept. 20
- 900 block of Center Street, bad check complaint at a supermarket. Investigation continuing.
- 400 block of Plain Street, cat in a tree. Patrol reports the cat is expected to come down on its own.
- Saunders Settlement and Walmore roads, two-car accident. Statements taken from both drivers; vehicle No. 1 towed. Report filed.
- Lewiston Road and Hyde Park Boulevard, two-car accident. Statements taken from both drivers; vehicle No. 2 towed. Report filed.
- 1800 block of Langdon Road, K-9 dispute. Patrol spoke with a male and advised it was a civil matter.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, reckless driver complaint. Driver gone on patrol's arrival.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, assist call. Patrol assisted Niagara County Sheriff's Department on a mental health response.
Tuesday, Sept. 21
- 5000 block of Walmore Road, attempt to locate. Patrol, on follow-up to an earlier accident on Green Road, reported the arrest of a male on three public law offenses (unspecified). Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court, bail of $5,000/$10,000 assigned, and suspect remanded to custody of NCSD. Report filed.
- LPD office walk-in stolen purse complaint. Statement taken from a 37-year-old female regarding an incident that occurred in the Dwyer Ice Arena parking lot at Niagara University. Report filed.
- 700 block of Cayuga Street, larceny from a vehicle. Statement taken from a 24-year-old male who reported a GPS, medications, checks, a wallet and a camouflage backpack were stolen. Report filed.
- Creek Road and Saunders Settlement Road, separate reckless driver complaints. Patrol unable to locate at either location.
- 900 block of Upper Mountain Road, juvenile problem. Complainant advised patrol of juveniles smoking pot. Subjects gone on patrol's arrival.
Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Lewiston-Cambria-Townline roads, suspicious vehicle. Patrol advised of a minivan occupied by six males. Vehicle gone on patrol's arrival.
- 2400 block of Upper Mountain Road, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a male who stated that a female and her friends were threatening him via text messages. Complainant deleted all texts. Patrol advised the complainant to call back when he had proof of harassment.
- Niagara Falls Country Club, suspicious vehicle. NFCC to handle.
- Model City and Swann roads, vehicle traffic stop. Patrol reported a K-9 search of the vehicle; plate number logged. No further details.
- Upper Mountain Road, reckless driver westbound. Plate number logged and patrol reports the vehicle went into Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls Police notified.
- 1800 block of Swann Road, shooter complaint at the Lewiston No. 1 Volunteer Fire Co. substation. No violation found.
Thursday, Sept. 23
- Creek Road, northbound from Swann Road, reckless driver. Vehicle gone on patrol's arrival.
- 1600 block of Saunders Settlement Road, neighbor problem. Patrol spoke with a 63-year-old male and a 51-year-old male and reported all OK.
- 900 block of Pletcher Road, officer requested. Patrol spoke with a 39-year-old female; no further details.
- O'Shea Hall on the NU campus, criminal mischief complaint. Statement taken from a 48-year-old male; report filed.
- 5800 block of Lewiston Road, harassment complaint at a nursing home facility. Statement taken from a 50-year-old female; report filed.
- NU campus, fraud complaint/ID theft. Statement taken from a 19-year-old female. Report filed.
Friday, Sept. 24
- LPD office, walk-in complaint about juveniles. Statement taken from a 45-year-old male. Investigation to continue.
- 700 block of "B" Street, Dorwood Park mobile home park, assist call. Patrol assisted NCSD on attempting to serve a warrant at the mobile home park address with negative results.
- Ransomville Road, attempt to locate a missing juvenile. Patrol located a female and transferred to NCSD.
- 5000 block of Walmore Road, assist call. Patrol assisted State Police with a civil complaint. Situation addressed.
- 5800 block of Lewiston Road, assist call. Patrol assisted Rural Metro Ambulance responders with a psychiatric patient. Party transported without incident.
- 400 block of Oneida Street, custody dispute. Patrol spoke with a 36-year-old female and a 63-year-old male. Parties reportedly had a verbal disagreement over the custody of a child.
- 1000 block of Escarpment Drive, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a 28-year-old female concerning a 23-year-old female. Patrol contacted the 23-year-old and advised her to refrain from contact with the complainant. Report filed.
- 500 block of Oxbow Lane, suspicious person. Complainant stated an unknown individual was walking through with a flashlight that was not turned on. Patrol checked the area with negative results.
- I-190 near Upper Mountain Road, reckless driver. State Police located the vehicle; no further details.
- 1900 block of Ridge Road, trespass/criminal impersonation complaints. Statement taken from a 22-year-old male concerning an unknown suspect. Report filed.
Saturday, Sept. 25
- 800 block of Oriole Lane, juvenile problem. A 26-year-old male informed of two juveniles on the roof of an apartment building. Subjects located and returned to their parents. Patrol cleared.
- 200 block of North Ninth Street, disturbing the peace. Patrol located an underage party of juveniles and returned them to their parents.
- 700 block of Center Street, vendor/promoter dispute outside a business. Vendor left prior to patrol's arrival.
- 700 block of Pletcher Road, four-car accident. Statements taken from all drivers; vehicle No. 1 towed. Report filed.
- Saunders Settlement Road and Route 429, check for an intoxicated driver. Negative results reported.
- 2300 block of Ridge Road, criminal mischief complaint. Statement taken from a 59-year-old male regarding a 21-year-old male and damage to a wall by the suspect. Investigation to continue.
- Ridge Road, suspicious person. Patrol located an adult female, highly intoxicated, and took her home without incident.
Sunday, Sept. 26
- 5900 block of Ward Road, two-car property damage accident. Statement taken from driver No. 2; driver No. 1 left the scene. Patrol reported said vehicle as a Nissan, possibly dark in color with heavy rear end damage. Report filed.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, suspicious vehicle. Patrol reported two teenagers fell asleep in a vehicle. Subjects left the scene without incident.
- North Fifth Street, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported the arrest of a 23-year-old male for Driving While Intoxicated. Blood Alcohol Content testing performed; BAC result, .10 of 1 percent. Uniform traffic tickets issued and Lewiston Town Court date assigned; suspect released. Vehicle searched. Report filed.
- 900 block of Pletcher Road, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a female. Complainant referred to LPD officer handling the most recent call at the address.
- 4800 block of Eddy Drive West, attempted home invasion. Statement taken from a 29-year-old female regarding a 34-year-old male and another male (no age) listed as suspects. Patrol reports the two males attempted to gain access to an apartment through a sliding door. Suspects fled the scene after being confronted. State Police located both males, who were taken to Town of Porter Court for arraignment. Bail of $1,000/$5,000 assigned and suspects remanded to custody of NCSD. Report filed. Patrol later transported subjects to the Niagara County Jail.
- Upper Mountain Road at the I-190, suspicious male. Patrol reported U.S. Border Patrol on location; male transported to the NFTA bus station in the Town of Niagara.
- 500 block of Center Street, ongoing parking problem with Harvest Festival vendors. Female complainant to contact the Village of Lewiston. No action requested at this time.
- Fifth and Center streets, larceny from a tent. Statement taken from a 48-year-old female who reported a refrigerator/cooler and three pies were stolen from her tent overnight. Investigation to continue.
- 700 block of Center Street, ankle injury. A 54-year-old female informed patrol that she scratched her ankle on a landscaping brick in front of a business address. Subject refused medical treatment. Report filed.
- Morgan Drive near North Fifth Street, suspicious gray vehicle/driver reported as drinking beer. Patrol checked with negative results.