Lewiston Police Blotter for Sept. 25by jmaloni
Sat, Sep 25th 2010 04:00 pmThe following activity occurred Monday, Sept. 13, to Sunday, Sept. 19, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 87 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, Sept. 13
- 5300 block of Military Road, officer requested. Patrol spoke with a 45-year-old female and a 40-year-old male; no problems reported.
- 400 block of Onondaga Street, officer requested. Patrol advised of a lock missing on the front door of the residence. Problem to be handled by the renter.
- 700 block of Upper Mountain Road, assist. Patrol reports assisting Drug Task Force agents with the removal of marijuana plants found at the address.
- Address unspecified, larceny. A 71-year-old male reported the theft of wheel covers from a vehicle.
- 100 block of North Eighth Street, 4700 block of Lower River Road and 1600 block of Wayside Drive, separate residential alarm response calls. All homes checked and found secure. Separate reports filed.
- 800 block of Cayuga Street, unwanted party. Patrol advised of an individual found in an alley behind a business. Subject reported as intoxicated and homeless and staying behind the building. Patrol reports the individual left without incident to the Niagara Falls City Mission via bus.
Tuesday, Sept. 14
- 900 block of Lower River Road, domestic. Patrol spoke with a 41-year-old female concerning a 41-year-old male.
- Lewiston Landing, suspicious person. A 51-year-old male was listed on the call; no further details.
- LPD office, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a 39-year-old male concerning a 40-year-old male. Investigation to continue.
- 5000 block of Walmore Road, officer requested, possible harassment. Patrol advised a 48-year-old female to recontact when she thinks it's going to happen.
- 900 block of Center Street, larceny complaint at a business. Statement taken from a male regarding an unknown black female. Patrol's report to follow.
- Riverview Avenue at Hyde Park Boulevard, neighbor problem. Patrol spoke with a female and reported the matter as resolved.
- 600 block of Cayuga Street, 911 hang-up. Patrol responded and reported subjects calling about a reckless driver. Plate number given but patrol unable to locate.
- 600 block of Sara Court, hit and run accident. Statement taken from the female owner of a parked vehicle. Other vehicle left the scene. Report filed.
- 200 block of South First Street, unwanted party/trespassing. Patrol reports a 51-year-old male was charged. Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court; $500/$1,000 bail assigned and suspect remanded to custody of Niagara County Sheriff's Department. Report filed.
Wednesday, Sept. 15
- 2900 block of Saunders Settlement Road, check the area for a male, possibly intoxicated, laying in the roadway. Patrol checked and reported the subject as gone on their arrival. Patrol cleared.
- 2000 block of Upper Mountain Road, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a 20-year-old female regarding a 21-year-old female. Investigation to continue; report filed.
- 900 block of Center Street, bad check complaint at a supermarket. Statement taken from a 46-year-old female regarding a 53-year-old female. Subject contacted and will address the matter.
- 700 block of Center Street, hit-run accident. Statement taken from the male owner of vehicle No. 2, which was parked; vehicle No. 1 left the scene. Report filed.
- Center and Ninth streets, two-car accident. Statements taken from both drivers; no injuries or tows. Report filed.
- 2900 block of Saunders Settlement Road, harassment. Call handled by NCSD.
- 2700 block of Upper Mountain Road, unwanted persons. Subjects let without incident.
- 4800 block of Indian Hill Road, larceny/intoxicated male. Patrol listed a 40-year-old male in its report; no further details.
Thursday, Sept. 16
- 4600 block of Creek Road, prowler. Area checked with negative results.
- 300 block of Bay Street in Wilson, attempt to locate. Patrol reported following up on an earlier call; a 19-year-old male was listed in patrol's report. No further details.
- 1700 block of Ferry Avenue in Niagara Falls, arrest. Patrol reported a 42-year-old male was arraigned in Lewiston Town Court; charge not specified. Suspect released on his own recognizance.
- 5500 block of Walmore Road, 911 hang-up. Patrol reported nobody home and cleared the call.
- Blank Street, criminal mischief to a cornfield. Patrol spoke with a 45-year-old male who requested a check of the area. Report filed.
- LPD office, fraud complaint. Statement taken from a 49-year-old female. Investigation to continue.
- Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center ER, recovered property. Patrol spoke with a 45-year-old female and reported a possible heroin recovery. A 27-year-old male from the 1000 block of Saunders Settlement Road was listed as a suspect. Report filed.
Friday, Sept. 17
- 500 block of Oxbow Lane, house check. Patrol reported a dog barking; owner wanted the property checked. All OK.
- Lewiston Town Court, warrant arrest. Patrol reported a 19-year-old male turned himself in. Charge not specified; subject released on his own recognizance.
- Creek Road and Thornwood Drive, two-car injury accident. Statements taken from both drivers; no further details. Report filed.
- LPD office, officer requested. Statement taken from a 52-year-old female regarding a 45-year-old male suspect. No report.
- North Eighth and Mohawk streets, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported a 47-year-old male as a unlicensed driver; vehicle towed.
- Modern landfill, harassment complaint. Patrol spoke with a 50-year-old male regarding an 18-year-old male. Neither party wished to pursue charges.
- Stacy and Perry courts, suspicious juveniles. Patrol advised of four juveniles running through backyards; parents notified.
Saturday, Sept. 18
- NU campus, intoxicated male. State Police on scene and handled the call.
- 500 block of Greenfield Road, suspicious male. Patrol advised of a male wearing a suit knocking on a door and claiming he had the wrong house. Subject fled in an unknown vehicle in an unknown direction. Area checked with negative results.
- 200 block of North Fifth Street, stolen motor vehicle. Statement taken from a 35-year-old male who reported a BMW convertible, gray in color, was taken and driven in a northbound direction. Patrol checked the area and was unable to locate. Report filed.
- 5900 block of Garlow Road, criminal mischief. A 51-year-old female reported her house was egged overnight.
- Patrol reported the BMW convertible was located and returned to its owner. A friend had the vehicle overnight.
- 2200 block of Mount Hope Road, check the area. Patrol advised that a male was seen on an ATV in the area waving a gun. Area checked with negative results.
- Swann and Williams roads, suspicious person walking westbound. Patrol informed of a Puerto Rican male looking in vehicles. Area checked with negative results.
- 1600 block of Saunders Settlement Road, juvenile problem. Resolved by patrol.
- 700 block of Raymond Drive, open burn complaint. Homeowner advised.
- 3300 block of Creek Road, assist. Patrol assisted NCSD on a loud party/open burn complaint. Situation addressed.
Sunday, Sept. 19
- 2500 block of Saunders Settlement Road, loud party complaint. Resident advised to keep it quiet.
- 200 block of North Fifth Street, loud party complaint. Patrol spoke with the homeowner about the noise.
- 700 block of Cayuga Street, check situation, possible fight in a parking lot outside a bar/restaurant. Patrol checked; subjects gone on arrival.
- 6100 block of North Whitham Drive in the Town of Niagara, assist. Patrol assisted Town of Niagara Police on a mental health evaluation call. An intoxicated male reportedly took unknown medication. Subject taken to the hospital.
- 400 block of Center Street, check situation. Patrol reported mom was yelling at a juvenile.
- 900 block of Elliott Drive, possible rabid fox. No problem found.
- 5700 block of Buffalo Street, standby. Patrol listed a 45-year-old male and 43-year-old female on location; no further details.
- 100 block of South Water Street, trespasser complaint. Statement taken from a 59-year-old male regarding an unknown boat at the dock. Boat registration info logged; investigation to continue.
- 700 block of Powell Lane, hit-run accident. Statement taken from a female of vehicle No. 1 which was parked. Other vehicle left the scene. Report filed.
- 5800 block of Ward Road, loud music complaint at a bar. Owners advised,
- Bridgeman Road, reckless driver heading northbound. Plate number logged and vehicle gone on arrival.