Town of Niagara Police Blotter for Aug. 26by jmaloni
Thu, Aug 26th 2010 12:00 pm
The following is a sampling of the calls the Town of Niagara Police responded to between Aug. 17 and 22.
Tuesday, Aug. 17
- Garlow Road, assist Niagara County Sheriff's Office and Lewiston Police. Investigated possible stolen vehicles from Niagara Falls on Tuscarora Nation.
- 1500 block of Tuscarora Road, larceny. Resident reports theft of red barn mailbox and metal pole that held it. Same theft has occurred multiple times this year.
- 6000 block of Grauer Road, EMS call. A 79-year-old male fell and struck his head. Treatment from Rural Metro Ambulance refused.
- Military Road, driving while intoxicated. A Pasadena Avenue man said he had just left concert at Artpark and only consumed two or three beers. Blood alcohol content was measured at .09 percent.
Wednesday, Aug. 18
- 3700 block of Military Road, animal control. Patrol dispatched for two people who had found a dog in the street. Upon arrival, the dog ran towards Mayle Court, where it was reunited with its owner as the SPCA van was arriving.
- D Street, Cayuga Village, property found. Resident reported someone put a whiskey case full of loose change and 17 $1 bills in her car. Resident later called and said her mother had dropped it off overnight, and the money was returned.
- 4800 block of Tuscarora Road, Wildwood Acres, assist citizen. Resident reports finding gears in garage door opener jammed and was not sure if it was mechanical failure or an attempted theft. Nothing missing.
Thursday, Aug. 19
- Kline Road and Wayside Drive, assist Niagara County Sheriff's Office. Patrol responded on a report of three males breaking into cars. One suspect found, but released on lack of evidence.
- Porter Road, personal injury accident. Patrol reports a motorcyclist lost control and caused a second motorcycle to go into a grassy area. The first driver was taken to Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center for evaluation for road rash and other minor injuries.
- Anthony Drive, Sabre Court, property dispute. Complainant stated his ex-girlfriend's grandfather placed a padlock on the door to his residence. He reported an ongoing problem with his ex-girlfriend's family who did not own, lease or pay the rent on the residence. He said his ex-girlfriend had left the residence they formerly shared and went to Florida.
Friday, Aug. 20
- 6600 block of West Britton Drive, assist Niagara County Sheriff's Office. Patrol assisted with seizure of marijuana plants.
- 800 block of Sunnyside Drive, Cayuga Village, EMS call. Patrol received a report of an 82-year-old woman who had fallen. She was transported to Mount St. Mary's Hospital by Rural Metro.
- Military Road, juvenile disturbance. Patrol observed several male juveniles skateboarding in the roadway and causing a traffic hazard. Youths were advised to stay out of the road.
Saturday, Aug. 21
- 4500 block of Military Road, burglary. Resident reported that sometime overnight someone entered her residence through a front window and took her purse containing $10 and personal papers. Patrol checked the area and found the purse, with the $10 missing, in a nearby garbage can.
- 3000 block of Savannah Avenue, fire. Patrol dispatched for a report of smoke coming from a basement. Homeowner stated a stove in the basement was accidentally turned on, causing a piece of plywood on top to smolder.
- Tuscarora Road, wire down. Patrol was dispatched for a power line down and arcing on Tuscarora Road near the west air base entrance. Niagara Active Hose was on location, and National Grid was notified.
- 8500 block of Porter Road, domestic. Patrol met with caller who said her boyfriend was being mean to her and calling her names. She was advised that being mean and calling names, while not very nice, was not against the law.
Sunday, Aug. 22
- 1900 block of Military Road, shoplifting. Patrol received a call on a shoplifter in custody at a store. Call was disregarded en route on notification by mall security that the suspect had been released by the store.
- 6000 block of Porter Road, shoplifting. Store reports a male and female entered and stole meat from a cooler, then fled in a blue taxi. Taxi service denied any fares were dispatched to the store. Store reports they have been getting hit frequently on Sundays by the same parties, but have been unable to apprehend them.
- 3100 block of Military Road, suspicious activity. Caller reported someone in a dark, late model, possibly Dodge Dakota, attempting to steal a boat on a trailer from a business lot. Caller stated the suspect left the boat and trailer in the road and drove north on Military Road. Boat was secured by business owner.