Town of Niagara Police Blotter for Aug. 19by jmaloni
The following is a sampling of the calls the Town of Niagara Police responded to between Aug. 9 and 16.
Monday, Aug. 9
- 8400 block of Homestead Avenue, larceny from vehicle. A resident reported a missing iPod and phone charger from his vehicle. The vehicle was unlocked in the driveway overnight. No suspects were found.
- 3000 block of Petroleum Street, missing person. The father of a 17-year-old girl stated she left his home upset, reported she wanted to live on her own. The father believes she ran away with a 27-year-old male who might be a drug dealer. A missing person(s) report was filed.
- 6100 block of North Whitham Drive, situation complaint. Patrol responded to find the homeowner burning scrap lumber.
Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Packard Road, drug/alcohol situation. Patrol initiated a stop on a vehicle for an unsafe lane change. The 25-year-old driver of Sanborn was not intoxicated, but reported he had sleeping pills without a valid prescription. He was issued two uniform traffic tickets and must appear in court.
- 6800 block of Laur Road, assault with a weapon. Patrol responded to an assault in a storage facility. The suspect approached the victim about money owed and struck him in the head with a 2 by 4 and punched him several times. The victim was taken to the hospital and did not wish to pursue charges because he was friends with the suspect.
- 200 block of Juanita Drive, physical fight. A mother stated she got into a physical altercation with her son's girlfriend who left the home. Patrol went to a business and brought the girlfriend back to the house. The mother and son's girlfriend apologized to each other.
- 5000 block of Grauer Road, removal of an ex-girlfriend. Patrol responded to a homeowner that stated his ex-girlfriend would not leave his house. The woman stated he drove her home from work and hit her in the leg. Patrol did not observe any markings on her leg and gave her a courtesy transportation to her home.
Wednesday, Aug. 11
- 400 block of A Street in Cayuga Village, domestic dispute. The homeowner complained of an altercation with her daughter. Her daughter kicked the door in when denied entry and hit her mother. The mother is pressing charges and the daughter agreed to turn herself in.
- 2500 block of Military Road, larceny at a business. Patrol responded to a report that a female stole more than $1500 worth of audiovisual equipment. The suspect fled to another business where she was caught. She was confrontational with patrol. The suspect was arraigned and is being charged.
- 1600 block of Military Road, animal left alone. A complainant stated a dog was left alone in a vehicle during the warm weather. The vehicle was located and the dog was not in distress. A parking ticket was issued for the vehicle being illegally parked.
- 6700 block of Woodside Place, local law violation. A building instructor issued the resident an appearance ticket. She is being charged for various building code violations.
- 6000 block of Porter Road, open door on a building. Patrol responded to an open door at a college. The college security was advised and sent a key holder.
Another officer assisted with the open door situation. All was cleared.
Thursday, Aug. 12
- 3600 block of Haseley Drive, larceny. A resident reported a witness told him two males took assorted car batteries into a vehicle. The resident gave a possible plate number for the suspects. An investigation is pending.
- 1900 block of Military Road, larceny. Patrol spoke with a male who stated his Schwinn bike was stolen. He noticed the chain had been cut off the bike rack after he left work. No suspects were found.
- Tindal Lane, loose animal. Patrol responded to a call of a Pit bull running loose in the area. The homeowner of Steele Circle was advised to keep the dog on a leash.
Friday, Aug. 13
- 1900 block of Military Road, check vehicle. Mall security asked patrol to check an unoccupied vehicle. The rear door of the vehicle was open by passenger error. The vehicle was undisturbed.
- 900 block of Sycamore Street, assist homeowner. A homeowner flagged patrol down to report she locked herself outside her house. She was identified as the resident and gained entry into her home.
- 1500 block of Military Road, check welfare of a child and dog. A caller reported a child and dog were left inside a vehicle, unattended outside a business. Patrol spoke with the male who stated he only left for a few minutes. The child and dog were okay.
Saturday, Aug. 14
- Colonial Drive, vandalism. Patrol responded to vandalism in a town park. There was noticeable graffiti on the side and roof of the shed. No suspects or witnesses were reported.
- Military Road, serious car accident. Mercy Flight transported the driver of a one-vehicle accident to ECMC.
- 2900 block of Military Road. Patrol aided an elderly man who was spotted stopping every few feet to rest. He was offered medical help but refused.
Sunday, Aug. 15
- 3000 block of Panama Street, domestic dispute. Patrol responded to a domestic incident that occurred between a boyfriend and girlfriend. The girlfriend stated her boyfriend kicked her in the abdomen while she is five months pregnant and followed her to a parking lot. A witness observed her boyfriend assaulting her as he fled into a black vehicle. A warrant is being filed for his arrest.
- Pomeroy Avenue, disturbed juvenile. A caller reported to police a group of female juveniles were yelling profanity at smaller children. The area was cleared with negative results.
- 1500 block of Military Road, petit larceny. A female shoplifter stole more than $110 in groceries. She was held by store security and later taken into custody to be arraigned.
Monday, Aug. 16
- 7800 block of Third Avenue, female lying in driveway. An elderly female was found screaming in her driveway. Upon arrival, the female stated she fell in her backyard while walking her dog and was unable to move. She was transported to the hospital and her dog and home were secured.
- 500 block of D Street in Cayuga Village, domestic dispute. Patrol responded to a husband/wife dispute. Upon arrival, the parties were arguing about marital property. The wife reported verbal and mental harassment from her husband. Patrol cleared without incident.
- 500 block of D Street in Cayuga Village, physical domestic. A husband and wife were having a verbal argument, resulting in the wife striking her husband in the arm. The husband sustained pain and discomfort to his arm. He is filing charges against his wife.
- 8200 block of Third Avenue, disturbed juvenile. Patrol was contacted with regards to a juvenile who refused to return home. The juvenile's father was called and stated the child was with his godfather. The child was located and returned back to his mother's house.