Lewiston Police Blotter for Aug. 14by jmaloni
The following activity occurred Monday, Aug. 2, to Sunday, Aug. 8, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 86 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, Aug. 2
- 1100 block of Swann Road, suspicious person. No problems found; state workers on location.
- Ridge Road, reckless driver complaint by off-duty LPD officer. Plate number logged by patrol.
- LPD office, arrest of a 24-year-old male, charges not specified. Subject arraigned and released to a parent.
- Bond Lake Park, ATV complaint. ATV gone on patrol's arrival.
- 200 block of North Third Street, larceny complaint. Statement taken from a 52-year-old female concerning items removed from a vehicle. Report filed.
- 400 block of Mohawk Street, larceny complaint. Statement taken from a 29-year-old female concerning items removed from a vehicle. Report filed.
- 4600 block of Model City Road, prowler complaint. Statement taken from a 29-year-old female; report filed.
- 2300 block of Printup Road, follow-up call. Statement taken from a 34-year-old male; no further details. Patrol cleared.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, reckless driver complaint involving a blue Chevy Cavalier. Plate number recorded and vehicle located. No problems found; patrol cleared.
Tuesday, Aug. 3
- Indian Hill Road, check for debris in the roadway. Broken glass and DOT notified for cleanup; patrol cleared.
- Military and Sweet Home roads, LPD assisted Niagara County Sheriff's Department with a K-9 search of a vehicle. Negative results reported.
- 700 block of Center Street, alarm response at a business. Patrol spoke with a 59-year-old male; no further details.
- 5000 block of Marywood Drive, shoplifter complaint at a business. Statement taken from a 65-year-old male concerning two female juveniles. Individuals returned to their parents; no charges and no report filed.
- 800 block of Cayuga Street, unwanted party at a business. Handled by patrol.
- Route 429 northbound, suspicious male walking. Subject taken to an address on the 3500 block of Lower Mountain Road.
- 2400 block of Lower Mountain Road, intoxicated male at a gas/convenience business. Patrol reports the subject began walking home.
- 4500 block of Lower Mountain Road, prowler complaint. Statement taken from a 29-year-old female who reported a white male, thin build, 5 feet, 10 inches tall, weighing 130 to 140 pounds and wearing a grey T-shirt in her backyard. Patrol advised it is an ongoing problem. LPD K-9 unit tracked the subject through fields and backyards on the 4600 block of Model City Road. Residents awakened and interviewed. Patrol cleared the call.
Wednesday, Aug. 4
- 2000 block of Mount Hope Road, Tuscarora School, alarm response. Building secure; call avoidable. Report filed.
- 300 block of South Seventh Street, noise complaint. Patrol advised of subjects yelling and screaming in an apartment. Subjects refused to answer the door. Patrol advised the landlord of the situation; call cleared.
- 2200 block of Mount Hope Road, patrol on follow-up to an April missing person incident reported a 14-year-old female juvenile had returned home. Patrol confirmed with her mother.
- 1000 block of Youngstown-Lockport Road, home invasion incident. Patrol assisted NCSD and State Police on the call where a 30-year-old male reportedly held the family hostage with a knife. The subject threatened harm to the family and to patrol; a 51-year-old male and a 50-year-old female both sustained injuries. Taser utilized by officers in the apprehension of the suspect, who was then taken into custody. Arraignment held at Lewiston Town Court and suspect remanded to Niagara County Jail without bail. Reports to follow.
- 500 block of Mount View Drive, alarm response. All secure; the alarm was getting installed.
- 1300 block of Saunders Settlement Road, patrol assisted NCSD on a suicide call. NCSD to do the report.
- 900 block of Escarpment Drive and 1100 block of Elliott Drive, separate alarm response calls. Both residences secure; reports filed.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, mental health response at a gas/convenience business. Rural Metro ambulance on location.
- 700 block of Center Street, patrol on follow-up to a July larceny complaint from the upstairs apartment. Negative results reported.
- Saunders Settlement Road, vehicle check. Patrol reported the arrest of a 54-year-old male for aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle. Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court and released on his own recognizance. Vehicle secured; report filed,
- 400 block of Church Street, larceny/unauthorized use complaint. Statement taken from a 53-year-old female concerning a 58-year-old male suspect. Suspect reported in possession of three vehicles and property that was taken from a Dana Drive address. Investigation to continue. Patrol reported the call as a civil matter and advised the female to contact her lawyer.
Thursday, Aug. 5
- The "S" curves of Tuscarora Road, report of an abandoned boat. A 1959 Lonestar model was found by patrol. Niagara Towing on location.
- 3500 block of Lower Mountain Road, check-the-welfare call. Patrol assisted NCSD on a mental health/officer safety call.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, suspicious person. Statement taken from a 15-year-old female juvenile who reported a male was acting erratically and offered to buy the girl and her friends beer. Suspect then left in an unknown location.
- 1100 block of Swann Road, suspicious vehicle. Patrol advised that a white truck with a four-wheeler on a trailer had pulled into the driveway and sped off when the homeowner checked the area. Negative results reported on patrol's search. Extra patrols of the area requested.
- 4500 block of Porter-Center Road, property damage only accident. Patrol reported the arrest of a 45-year-old female for Driving While Intoxicated and related charges. Blood Alcohol Content testing performed; BAC result, .17 of one percent. Uniform traffic tickets for Lewiston Town Court issued to the driver. Vehicle towed. Report filed.
- 2400 block of Parker Road, check-the-welfare call/possible domestic incident. Patrol reported a pool party at the residence and kids being loud. No problems found.
Friday, Aug. 6
- Saunders Settlement and Garlow roads, reckless driver complaint. Patrol assisted NCSD; all OK.
- 4300 block of Lower River Road, alarm response at the Lewiston Senior Center. All secure; call avoidable.
- 1300 block of Saunders Settlement Road, harassment complaint. Patrol spoke with a 65-year-old male regarding unknown telephone calls. No report.
- 700 block of Raymond Drive, suspicious person. A babysitter heard a noise and was scared. Patrol searched the home; all secure.
- Mount Hope Road, possible roadside domestic incident by a third party caller. Patrol reported the parties gone on arrival.
- 700 block of Center Street, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reports charging a 49-year-old male with second degree aggravated unlicensed operation. Driver arraigned at Lewiston Town Court and released on his own recognizance. Report filed.
- 4800 block of Eddy Drive West, suspicious person. Patrol spoke with the female in question; no problems.
- 100 block of South Water Street, suspicious person. Patrol advised of a male hanging around a dumpster at a bar/restaurant business; staff were startled. Subject fled the area, and patrol checked with negative results.
Saturday, Aug. 7
- 700 block of Page Avenue, hit-run accident. Statement taken from a 52-year-old female of vehicle No. 2 that was parked in the driveway and struck. Vehicle No. 1 fled the scene and sustained front-end damage. Vehicle No. 2 sustained passenger side damage. Report filed.
- 500 block of Center Street, larceny of a store sign. Statement taken from a 64-year-old female. Report filed.
- Lewiston sand docks: patrol assisted U.S. Coast Guard personnel with an overturned boat. Statements taken from a 59-year-old male and a 45-year-old male. Subjects taken to the Rainbow Bridge. Patrol's report to follow.
- 2400 block of Upper Mountain Road, verbal domestic. Patrol spoke with a 49-year-old male and a 15-year-old male juvenile. Report to follow.
- 700 block of Center Street, juvenile problem. Patrol located a 20-year-old male, detained the individual on a warrant out of NCSD, and transferred to their custody.
- 4600 block of Model City Road, aggravated harassment. Patrol reported the complainant was not home.
- West Park Drive, report of five to six suspicious persons in a pickup truck. Patrol reported the subjects were from a graduation party; parents advised.
Sunday, Aug. 8
- 1500 block of Youngstown-Lockport Road, burglary in progress. Patrol assisted State Police on the call. The homeowner, armed with a .22 cal. rifle, had reportedly confronted three males at his shed. One male knocked him to the ground, took the rifle and fled eastbound on an ATV. LPD K-9 utilized to track along with air support. The track ended roadside on the 1700 block of Youngstown-Lockport Road. Patrol's report to follow. State Police and NCSD are handling the investigation.
- 900 block of Upper Mountain Road, LPD requested to check area for racing cars. Patrol responded and reported said vehicles as gone on arrival.
- Saunders Settlement Road, two-car hit-run accident. Statement taken from a 20-year-old male of vehicle No. 1; vehicle No. 2 unknown. Report filed.
- 1600 block of Swann Road, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a 47-year-old male; suspect unknown. Report filed.
- 5000 block of Marywood Drive, suspicious activity at a business. State Police assisted; no further details.
- 1900 block of Mount Hope Road, criminal mischief. Statement taken from a 77-year-old male regarding an unknown suspect. Report filed.
- Swann Road, shooter complaint behind Lewiston No. 1 Volunteer Fire Co. substation. Patrol reports fire company members stopped for the night and advised the complainant to contact the fire chief.
- 500 block off Meadowbrook Drive, criminal mischief complaint. Statement taken from a 34-year-old male who reported his vehicle was keyed in the driveway. Report filed.
- 5500 block of Walmore Road, domestic. Patrol spoke with a 46-year-old female and a 54-year-old male. Domestic Incident Report and patrol's report both filed.