Lewiston Police Blotter for July 31by jmaloni
The following activity took place Monday, July 19, to Sunday, July 25, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 89 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, July 19
- Disturbing the peace complaint on Escarpment Drive. Area checked with negative results.
- Traffic stop/warrant execution at a gas/convenience business at Ninth and Center streets. Patrol reports a 33-year-old female was turned to custody of Niagara County Sheriff's Department.
- Welfare check on the 4800 block of Eddy Drive West. All OK.
- Residential alarm response on the 5700 block of Bridgeman Road. Cleared by NCSD prior to patrol's arrival.
- Warrant arrest on the 300 block of Summer Street in Buffalo. Patrol reported the arrest of a 57-year-old female on a bench warrant (unspecified). Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court, bail of $250/$1,500 assigned, and suspect remanded to custody of NCSD.
- Barking dog complaint on the 900 block of Hillside Dog brought inside; patrol to contact town Dog Control Officer.
- Two-vehicle property-damage-only accident on the 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statements taken from both drivers. Report filed.
Tuesday, July 20
- LPD K-9 unit assisted NCSD on a vehicle search at Highland and Maple avenues in Niagara Falls. One-half ounce of marijuana was found hidden under a center counsel of the vehicle. Various charges lodged on the unidentified party by NCSD.
- Disturbing the peace call at Onondaga and North Eighth streets, involving a large group of people reported as unruly. Handled by patrol.
- Passerby complaint of two horses in the roadway on Pletcher Road. Owners advised.
- Burglary complaint on the 2900 block of Moore Road. Statements taken from a 43-year-old female and a 44-year-old male regarding an unknown suspect. Report filed.
- Fraud complaint on the 600 block of Sattle Drive. Patrol reported a problem with a solicitor only; no fraud.
- DWI arrest at Center and Fourth streets. Patrol reported a 51-year-old female was charged with driving with .08 of 1 percent or more of alcohol and Driving While Intoxicated. Blood Alcohol Content testing request refused. Driver arraigned at Porter Town Court and released on her own recognizance with return date set. Report filed.
- Loud party complaint on West Eddy Drive. Patrol advised both parties in question to keep it down.
- Complaint of a loud female on North Sixth Street. Patrol located the female in an intoxicated state. Subject released to a third party.
- Large fight involving 15 to 20 people at Center and South Seventh streets. Group dispersed on patrol's arrival.
Wednesday, July 21
- Report of an intoxicated male walking on the Robert Moses Parkway south of the New York Power Authority. Subject taken by patrol to a Niagara Falls location.
- Reckless driver complaint east bound on Mount Hope Road. A 45-year-old male was cited for second degree aggravated unlicensed operation; uniform traffic tickets issued for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
- Check-the-welfare/possible domestic on North Sixth Street. State Police on location; patrol handled the call.
- Cars vs. pedestrian accident on the 4500 block of Creek Road. Statement taken from drivers of two vehicles; minor injuries reported. Report filed.
- Two-vehicle accident with arrest on the 2900 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statements taken from both drivers. Patrol reported driver No. 1, a 40-year-old female, was arrested for third degree aggravated unlicensed operation; uniform traffic tickets issued for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
- Fraud complaint on the 900 block of Pletcher Road. Statement taken from a female who reported an income tax return was filed using her Social Security number fraudulently. Report filed.
- Alcohol Beverage Control violations at Seneca and Niagara streets. Patrol reported the arrests of a 47-year-old male, a 22-year-old male and a 46-year-old male. Dates set for Lewiston Town Court. Reports filed.
- Harassment complaint on the 400 block of Center Street. Statement taken from a 21-year-old female regarding a 21-year-old female and a 22-year-old male. No charges at this time; verbal warnings by patrol given to both suspects.
- Open container violation on South Seventh Street. Appearance ticket for Lewiston Town Court issued to a 23-year-old male. Report filed.
- Unwanted party on the 5700 block of Buffalo Street. Party left prior to patrol's arrival.
Thursday, July 22
- Hit-run accident on the 100 block of Portage Road. Statement taken from a 24-year-old female; report filed.
- Reports of three stolen/recovered vehicles in a wooded area off of Chew Road. Vehicles secured and owners listed. NCSD to process the call.
- Separate alarm responses. On the 5000 block of Forrest Road -- all secure; and on the 600 block of Pletcher Road at the Hickory Stick Golf Course -- accidental. Reports filed.
- Open burn complaint on Water Street; handled by patrol.
- Warrant execution on the 400 block of Creek Road. Patrol reported arrest of a 20-year-old male on three public law violations. Arraignment at Porter Town Court; bail assigned at $10,000/$20,000 and suspect remanded to custody of NCSD.
Friday, July 23
- Suspicious persons complaint at Fairway and Meadowbrook drives concerning two males urinating roadside. No further information; subjects gone on arrival.
- Unwanted party at EM-Star of Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center on the 5300 block of Military Road. Patrol took the subject to Sabre Park in the Town of Niagara.
- Auto-stripping complaint on the 800 block of Hillside Dive. Statements taken by a 43-year-old female and a 47-year-old male concerning an unknown suspect. Report filed.
- Aggravated harassment complaint on the 300 block of South Seventh Street. Statement taken from a 30-year-old female concerning a 26-year-old male. Report filed.
- Two-car injury accident in a supermarket parking lot on the 900 block of Center Street. Statements taken from both drivers; no further details. Report filed.
- Patrol reported the arrests of two suspects from the auto-stripping/car break-in complaint on the 800 block of Hillside Drive. Arrested were a 28-year-old male who was assigned no bail and a 30-year-old male who was assigned $10,000 bail and remanded to custody of NCSD en route to Niagara County Jail. Both arraigned at Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
- Larceny of a lawn mower reported from the 4000 block of Lower River Road. No further details.
- Larceny from a vehicle complaint on the 900 block of Ridge Road. A 52-year-old female reported the theft of two pair of sunglasses. Report filed.
- Larceny from a vehicle complaint on the 800 block of The Circle. Statement taken from a female complainant; no further details. Second statement taken from a male at the same address who reported two cell phones taken from his vehicle overnight. Report field.
- Domestic incident on the 2100 block of Adams Circle. Statement taken from a 39-year-old female concerning a 39-year-old male.
- Fight complaint on the 800 block of Hillside Drive. Patrol reported the arrest of a 31-year-old female and a 33-year-old female on unspecified public law infractions. Second female assigned $500 bail and jailed. Report filed.
Saturday, July 24
- Patrol reports assisting NCSD on a domestic on the 500 block of Parkside Place in Youngstown.
- Patrol reports the recovery by divers of an unknown type of long gun in the Niagara River waters off the Lewiston sand docks. No further details.
- Suspicious vehicle on Legacy Drive. Patrol reported a rental truck had broken down. Roadside assistance contacted.
- Auto-stripping complaint at Niagara University. Statements taken from a 44-year-old male and a 60-year-old female concerning a window smashed on a vehicle. Report filed.
- Hit-run accident on the 900 block of Center Street. Statement taken from a 51-year-old female concerning an unknown driver. Report filed.
- Officer requested on the Lewiston-Porter campus for a dispute at a baseball game. Patrol handled.
- Shooter complaint at the Lewiston No. 1 Fire Co. annex on Swann Road. No problems found.
- Disturbing the peace complaint at a private club on the 100 block of South Water Street. Patrol advised the band to shut down for the night.
Sunday, July 25
- Reckless driver complaint westbound on Saunders Settlement Road. Plate number logged and patrol reported a follow-up vehicle check on Saunders Settlement and Military roads. No problems found; the driver was lost.
- Two-car accident at Military and Lewiston roads. Call handled by State Police.
- Stolen ATV complaint on the 2700 block of Ridge Road. Statement taken from a 42-year-old male concerning a 2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700, color red, and damage to a 2008 Grizzly 350, color blue. Report filed.
- Harassment complaint/civil matter on the 300 block of Tuscarora Street. Patrol spoke with a 78-year-old female and a 48-year-old female and advised it was a civil matter. Patrol's report to follow.
- Patrol reports the above listed stolen ATV was located by its owner.
- Neighbor problem on the 5000 block of Bridgeman Road. Handled by patrol.
- Verbal domestic on the 5000 block of Susies Lane. Patrol spoke with a 20-year-old male and a 38-year-old male. Report filed.