Lewiston Police Blotter for June 26by jmaloni
Sat, Jun 26th 2010 03:00 pmThe following activity occurred Monday, June 14, to Sunday, June 20, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 112 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, June 14
- Suspicious vehicle response on Bridgeman and Saunders Settlement roads. Patrol assisted the Niagara County Sheriff's department; LPD K-9 search conducted with negative results.
- Burglary response on the 5100 block of Tuscarora Road. Patrol assisted Town of Niagara Police on the search; negative results reported.
- Harassment complaint on the 5800 block of North Kline Road. Statement taken from a 41-year-old male concerning a juvenile suspect. Investigation to continue; report to follow.
- Patrol reports assisting State Police with a suspicious vehicle at a trailer park on Walmore Road. No further details.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 2700 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 49-year-old female concerning damage to a shed. Report filed.
- Stolen vehicle recovery on the 5700 block of Garlow Road. Patrol reported a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass was located in woods behind a gas/convenience business. Vehicle secured and Niagara Falls Police Department notified. Report filed.
- Domestic response on the 2400 block of Parker Road. Patrol assisted NCSD on attempting to locate a male who left the residence; negative results reported.
- Domestic response on the 2300 block of Upper Mountain Road. Patrol spoke with a 54-year-old male concerning a 43-year-old female suspect. Appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court to same on a penal law violation. Report filed.
- Unwanted party complaint involving a 25-year-old male on the 5900 block of Hyde Park Boulevard. Subject left without incident; patrol cleared.
Tuesday, June 15
- Fire alarm response at Clet Hall at Niagara University. Patrol reported smoke in the building; Upper Mountain Volunteer Fire Co. on location. Patrol cleared.
- Check situation/possible shots fired in the area of Hyde Park Boulevard and Roosevelt Avenue. Patrol checked with negative results.
- Assist EMS/fire responders call on the 4200 block of Dickersonville Road involving an intoxicated male who couldn't get up. Possible shoulder injury reported.
- Aggravated harassment complaint on the 5100 block of Bridgeman Road. Statement taken from a 24-year-old female regarding a 23-year-old male suspect. Report filed.
- Patrol reports assisting NFPD on executing a search warrant on the 800 block of Elliott Drive. Call handled without incident.
- Patrol reports assisting Pekin Volunteer Fire Co. on a tire fire call on the 500 block of Susies Lane. Extinguished without incident.
- Recovered property on North Eighth Street. Patrol reports a red Sun electric scooter was located by Village of Lewiston DPW and secured as evidence.
- Neighbor problem on the 1100 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 54-year-old male concerning a 22-year-old male. Report filed.
- Larceny complaint on the 1800 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 39-year-old male who reported his pool filter and pump were stolen overnight. Report filed.
- Reckless driver in a blue 1992 Ford Tempo reported heading westbound on Saunders Settlement Road from West Street. Area checked with negative results.
- Juvenile problem at a restaurant on the 100 block of North Water Street. Patrol reports subjects seen throwing food and soda at a car were told to clean it up.
- DWI arrest at Fourth and Center streets. Patrol report a 38-year-old female was charged with Driving While Intoxicated. Blood Alcohol Content testing refused. Driver arraigned at Lewiston Town Court; bail of $1,000 assigned and driver transferred to custody of NCSD. Report filed.
Wednesday, June 16
- Criminal mischief to a mailbox on the 700 block of Scovell Drive. Patrol spoke with a female; no further details.
- Patrol reported a pedestrian sign was removed on Center Street.
- Harassment complaint at the Lewiston-Porter School District Creek Road campus. Statement taken from a 27-year-old female concerning a male suspect. No further details.
- Complaint of possession of pills at Lewiston-Porter Middle School. Statement taken from a 38-year-old male concerning a male juvenile. No further details.
- Larceny complaint on the 1600 block of Saunders Settlement Road. A 75-year-old male reported two bicycles taken from his front yard. Report filed.
- Warrant execution at a City of Buffalo address. Patrol reports a 24-year-old male was arrested and arraigned at Lewiston Town Court; charge not listed. Bail of $250/$500 assigned and subject remanded to the Niagara County Jail. Report filed,
- Second-degree harassment complaint on the 100 block of South Seventh Street. Statement taken from an 80-year-old female; report filed.
Thursday, June 17
- Traffic stop on Lewiston Road. Patrol reported the pullover of a 26-year-old female; vehicle secured. No further details.
- Patrol assisted Town of Niagara Police on an assault complaint involving a baseball bat. A search for a green Jeep Cherokee yielded negative results.
- Fraud complaint on the 700 block of Cayuga Street. A 46-year-old male reported a Visa card was used to make a fraudulent purchase. Report filed.
- Vandalism complaint on the 700 block of Cayuga Street. Statement taken from a 24-year-old female; no further details.
- Larceny complaint at Lewiston No. 2 Volunteer Fire Co. firehall on the 1700 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 45-year-old male; no further details.
- Patrol reported three separate responses to the same residence on the 4900 block of Ridgeview Avenue. The first was a fireworks complaint, handled by patrol; the second was a check-welfare for a possible overdose by a 41-year-old female; and the third was a mental health response for the 41-year-old female. Subject taken to Mount St. Mary's Hospital by Lewiston No. 1 EMS. Reports filed.
Friday, June 18
- EMS assist on Dickersonville Road. A 61-year-old female was taken to Mount St. Mary's Hospital by Lewiston No. 1 EMS.
- Patrol reports assisting NCSD on the recovery of a 2003 white GMC Envoy listed as stolen, at Upper Mountain and Garlow roads.
- Report of a male in a black wet-suit possibly swimming across the Niagara River from Canada. Area extensively checked with negative results. LPD, State Parks and State Police, U.S. Border Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard all on location.
- Custody problem on the 2800 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 26-year-old female who reported her husband did not drop off their child as expected. Report filed.
- Larceny complaint on the 5200 block of Lewiston Road. Statement taken from an elderly female who reported her diamond ring was missing and possibly lost. Report filed.
Saturday, June 19
- Hit-run accident on the 5200 block of Green Road on the Tuscarora Reservation. Statement taken from a driver whose vehicle was parked; suspect's vehicle fled the scene. Report filed.
- Patrol reports checking the Mount Hope Road area for a black Chevy Blazer driving at a high rate of speed. Unable to locate.
- Stolen vehicle recovery on the 5200 block of Walmore Road. Patrol located a 2003 GMC Yukon stolen out of Grand Island. Vehicle secured; NCSD ID unit on location for prints. Report filed.
- Robbery complaint at a bank branch on the 2400 block of Military Road. Patrol assisted TNPD on the robbery. Officers report a black male wearing a mask jumped the counter, took money and fled on foot. Area checked with negative results. State Police and NFPD on location.
- Patrol reports the arrest of a 58-year-old male at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge for third degree aggravated unlicensed operation. Driver arraigned at Porter Town Court and released. Report filed.
- Stolen vehicle recovery on the 2220 block of Mount Hope Road. Patrol reported a blue 2004 Chevy Trailblazer with heavy damage. Vehicle secured.
- Criminal mischief complaint in the Butler parking lot at NU. Statement taken from a 50-year-old male who reported damage to a vehicle; report filed.
- Report of eight to 10 juveniles smoking marijuana at an address of the 300 block of Dansworth Road in Youngstown. All subjects released to their parents.
Sunday, June 20
- Warrant execution on the 2200 block of Mount Hope Road. A 25-year-old male was arraigned at Lewiston Town Court. Charges not specified. No bail set and subject remanded to the Niagara County Jail. Report filed.
- Patrol reported an added charge of third-degree criminal possession of stolen property lodged against the 25-year-old male from the above call on the 2200 block of Mount Hope Road. Charge stemmed from a hit-run accident report Saturday on the 5200 block of Green Road. Arraignment held at Lewiston Town Court; no bail set and suspect remanded to the Niagara County Jail. Report filed.
- Patrol reports assisting NCSD on a stolen vehicle recovery on Black Nose Spring Road. A maroon Chevy Expedition with Pennsylvania plates was secured.
- Report of a blue and white boat speeding up and down the Niagara River. No boat patrols available.
- Report of an unruly tourist sitting on motorcycles outside a bar/restaurant on the 100 block of South Water Street. Subject asked to leave the area.
- Prowler complaint on the 900 block of Elliott Drive. Patrol reported the residents returned home from vacation; call cleared.