Lewiston Police Blotter for June 19by jmaloni
The following activity occurred Monday, June 7, to Sunday, June 13, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 88 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, June 7
- Larceny from vehicle on the 5900 block of Hermitage Road. Patrol advised of an unknown black male who fled the scene in a white/gray Chevy Lumina. Area checked with negative results. State Police handled the call; patrol cleared.
- Larceny from a vehicle on the 1000 block of North Hewitt Drive. Statements taken from two males, both 19 years old, regarding an unknown suspect and items reported as missing. Report filed.
- Larceny at the Duty Free Americas location at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. Statement taken from a male regarding two suspects, ages 46 and 40. Report filed.
- Warrant/arrest at a nursing home facility on the 700 block of Fairchild Place. Patrol reported the arrest of a 32-year-old female; charge not listed. Arraignment at Porter Town Court; bail of $1,000/$2,000 assigned and suspect remanded to the Niagara County Jail. Report filed.
- ATV accident on Black Nose Spring Road. Patrol spoke with both riders. Investigation to continue; ATV suspected as stolen.
- Domestic incident on the 1900 block of Mount Hope Road. Patrol reported a dispute between a 21-year-old female and a female juvenile, who was taken to a grandparent's house. Domestic Incident Report filed.
- Check-situation call at the upper landing area of Artpark involving two males flying remote airplanes over a bird refuge. Subjects advised a permit is needed and left without incident.
- Suspicious person complaint on the 5300 block of Elm Drive East. Statement taken from a 38-year-old male regarding a 26-year-old male. Complainant's juvenile daughter informed patrol the male subject ran inside their house saying he needed to use the bathroom and she screamed for him to leave. Subject looked into different rooms before leaving residence. No charges at this time; patrols advised. Report filed.
Tuesday, June 8
- Disturbing the peace complaint on the 300 block of South Seventh Street. Loud party advised to go home; patrol cleared without incident.
- Patrol reports assisting SPCA responders on the 1300 block of Ridge Road. Statement taken from a male; a male resident was not home. Two dogs removed.
- Suicide response on the 900 block of Mohawk Street, involving a 59-year-old male. Report to follow.
- Separate calls of a scooter accident on the 500 block of Mountain View Drive, and an ATV accident on the 5800 block of West Street. Statements taken from all involved in both calls at Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center. Reports filed.
- Unwanted person on the 1900 block of Mount Hope Road. Patrol spoke with a male regarding a 16-year-old female. Both parties advised to stay away from each other.
- Call of a possible fight on Green Road. Numerous cars responded; call unfounded.
Wednesday, June 9
- Patrol reports assisting State Police on a vehicle/traffic stoop/DWI arrest on Porter Center Road. No further details; Sate Police did the report.
- Suspicious person call on the 100 block of South Water Street, involving an individual rattling a back door. Area checked with negative results.
- Patrol reports assisting Youngstown Police on a burglary in progress call on the 3700 block of Jordan Drive involving a male who tried entering a shed. LPD K-9 unit tracked with negative results.
- Warrant execution at LPD. Appearance ticket for Lewiston Town Court issued to a 23-year-old male; charge not specified. Report filed.
- Car-tree accident on the 4600 block of Dickersonville Road. Statement taken from a male driver; medical treatment refused. Driver cited for third degree aggravated unlicensed operation. Uniform traffic tickets issued and return Lewiston Town Court date set and driver released.
- ATV complaint on the 700 block of Scovell Drive. Patrol advised two juveniles to leave the area unless they have written permission.
- Warrant execution at Lewiston Town Court. A 32-year-old female was arraigned and released on her own recognizance.
- Counterfeit currency complaint at a gas/convenience store on the 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Patrol reported the arrest of a 53-year-old male on petit larceny charges. Appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court.
- Landlord-tenant dispute on the 2000 block of Upper Mountain Road. Patrol reported a verbal argument turned physical. Statement taken from a 41-year-old female who reported her husband, a 37-year-old male, was struck by the tenant's brother, a 20-year-old male. Subject issued an appearance ticket to Lewiston Town Court on a harassment charge. Report filed.
- Aggravated harassment complaint on the 5100 block of Bridgeman Road. Statement taken from a 24-year-old female who reported a 23-year-old male, listed as her ex-boyfriend, had called her several times stating he was going to come over and take their child away. Report filed.
Thursday, June 10
- Reckless driver complaint on Mount Hope Road. Patrol checked the area for a blue Ford Focus, with negative results.
- Officer requested on the 700 block of Powell Lane. Patrol spoke with a 49-year-old female who reported finding dog excrement on her front door.
- Vehicle/traffic stop on the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. Patrol reported the arrest of a 22-year-old male for aggravated unlicensed operation. Bail of $150 assigned and posted, and a uniform traffic ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
- Property dispute on the 900 block of North Hewitt Drive. State Police handled the call.
- Possible harassment complaint on the 2700 block of Ridge Road. Patrol spoke with an 18-year-old male regarding a female. Log only; no charges at this time.
- Custody problem on the 200 block of North Sixth Street. Statement taken from a 44-year-old female concerning her juvenile daughter and an ongoing harassment situation with her ex-husband. Report filed.
Friday, June 11
- 911 check call at Center Street and Portage Road. Patrol checked the area and was unable to locate; dispatch checked and was unable to make contact. Patrol cleared.
- Burglary complaint on the 500 block of Fairway Drive. Statement taken from a 60-year-old male regarding an unknown suspect. Report filed.
- Suspicious person complaint on Creek Road. Patrol advised a 31-year-old male found selling items to get a permit.
- Vehicle fire at Myers Lake. Patrol reported finding a vehicle stolen out of North Tonawanda. Sanborn Volunteer Fire Co. on location.
- Harassment complaint on the 400 block of Riverwalk Drive. Statement taken from a 27-year-old female regarding an unknown suspect. Investigation to continue.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 1700 block of Swann Road. Incident occurred at Fort Niagara State Park; complaint transferred to State Parks Police.
- Juvenile problem on Garlow Road involving three subjects throwing bottles at cars. Subjects located on Saunders Settlement Road; call handled by patrol.
Saturday, June 12
- Unwanted party on the 5900 block of Hyde Park Boulevard. Patrol reports a female who left the premises was not involved. Statement taken from a 21-year-old male who reported a 21-year-old male had been using crack and was "busting up the place." Patrol advised participants to shut it down.
- Domestic incident on the 5900 block of Hyde Park Boulevard. Patrol reported the arrest of the 21-year-old male in the above call on penal law charges. Bail of $100 assigned and subject remanded to the Niagara County Jail. Report filed.
- Domestic incident on Portage Road; State Police handled the call.
- Call of juveniles knocking over mailboxes on the 5200 block of Fort Gray Drive. Area checked with negative results.
- Hit-run accident on the 5900 block of Garlow Road. Statement taken from a 41-year-old male who reported vehicles in a driveway were rammed into the garage. Niagara County Sheriff's department ID unit notified. Mailboxes at neighboring residences damaged. Vehicle involved fled the scene. Patrol's report to follow.
- Property-damage-only accidents - two-vehicle on the I-190 off ramp to Upper Mountain Road, statements taken; and two motorcycles on Center Street and Portage Road, statements taken. Reports filed.
- Fireworks complaint on the 400 block of Roosevelt Avenue. Statement taken from a 71-year-old female regarding a 26-year-old male suspect. Report filed.
Sunday, June 13
- Alarm response on the 1700 block of Ridge Road. All secure; report filed.
- Report of a nude male in the roadway at Saunders Settlement and Tuscarora roads. Patrol and State Police reports finding a 24-year-old male and a 23-year-old male, both in an unconscious state. No further details; report filed.
- Fraud/forgery complaint received at LPD from an incident at a drug store business on the 700 block of Center Street. Statement taken from a 46-year-old female. Report filed.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 4800 block of Creek Road. Statement taken from a male; no further details. Report filed.
- Criminal mischief complaint at the Village of Lewiston Red Brick Municipal Building on North Fourth Street. Statement taken from a 41-year-old male regarding a 48-year-old male. Resolved by patrol.
- Road obstruction on Porter Center Road. Cows on the road dispersed by patrol; owner notified.