Lewiston Police Blotter for June 12by jmaloni
he following activity occurred Monday, May 31, to Sunday, June 6, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 108 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, May 31
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 2200 block of Mount Hope Road. Statement taken from a 27-year-old male. Report to be completed.
- Report of a ferret stuck in a mailbox on the 700 block of Center Street. Resolved by patrol; ferret OK, but scared.
- Burglary complaint on the 5400 block of Bridgeman Road. Statement taken from a 57-year-old male. Investigation to continue; report filed.
- Larceny complaint on the 200 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 49-year-old female who reported that $1,000 worth of merchandise was taken from a barn. Suspect unknown; report filed.
- Animal problem involving a large turtle in the roadway on the 1800 block of Langdon Road. Removed prior to patrol's arrival.
- Patrol assisted the Niagara County Sheriff's department with a physical domestic incident on the 1200 block of Balmer Road. NCSD to handle charges.
- Building check at a shut down gas/convenience business on the 800 block of Cayuga Street. A large window was found smashed in. Key holder contacted.
Tuesday, June 1
- Suspicious vehicle on University Drive on the Niagara University campus. Vehicle with Florida plates located; a truck driver reportedly was lost. Resolved by patrol.
- Recovered stolen vehicle on Black Nose Spring Road. Patrol reported the vehicle listed as stolen three years ago; rightful owner identified but unable to be contacted. Vehicle towed.
- Fraud complaint at LPD. Statement taken from a male; investigation to continue.
- Larceny complaint on the 1500 block of Upper Mountain Road. A 30-year-old female reported her recycling bin was stolen; report filed.
- Property-damage-only accident at Page Avenue and North Seventh Street. Statements taken from the drivers; report filed.
- Report of youths throwing stones at passing cars at Garlow and Mount Hope roads. Gone on arrival.
- Check-situation call on the 800 block of The Circle. Statement taken from a 31-year-old female; no further details. Report filed.
- Patrol on follow-up to a missing person call from the Evans Police Department reported a 76-year-old male driving erratically on Water Street. Vehicle located with right side damage and Lewiston No. 1 Volunteer Fire Co. contacted to transport subject for further evaluation. Driver review required by Evans PD and family notified. Vehicle secured; report filed.
Wednesday, June 2
- EMS response on the 2200 block of Mount Hope Road for a 78-year-old male with chest pains. Sanborn Volunteer Fire Co. on scene to transport.
- Criminal mischief/larceny complaint on the 400 block of Mountain View Drive. Statement taken from a 45-year-old male; report filed.
- Larceny complaint of a pedestrian sign on Center Street from the Village of Lewiston. Report filed.
- Mental health response on the 4900 block of Ridgeview Avenue. A 41-year-old female was listed in the report.
- Two-car property-damage-only accidents on South Seventh and Cayuga streets, statements taken; and on Saunders Settlement Road, statements taken, one vehicle towed.
- Dog bite incident on the 700 block of Scovell Drive. Statements taken from 45-year-old female and a 44-year-old male; a male juvenile was injured and taken to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center for treatment. Report filed.
- Domestic incident on the 1000 block of Sweet Home Road. Patrol spoke with a male and female, both 27 years old. Verbal disagreement only; Domestic Incident Report filed.
- Suspicious person on the 5600 block of Bridgeman Road. Patrol located a female and found she had the proper permits.
- Lost property complaint on the 2400 block of Ridge Road. Statements taken from a 20-year-old male and a 19-year-old female; male party stated he left a ring at the female's residence and it is now missing. Report filed.
Thursday, June 3
- Suspicious vehicle at Bond Lake Park reported as driving on the ski hill. Vehicle/traffic stop conducted by the NCSD; K-9 search of the vehicle performed with negative results. No further details.
- Found property on Green Road. Patrol reports the missing pedestrian sign from the village was at that location.
- Vehicle/traffic stop on the 4600 block of Creek Road. A 34-year-old male was cited for third degree aggravated unlicensed operation Uniform traffic tickets issued and return date for Lewiston Town Court assigned. Report filed.
- Property found on the 5000 block of Walmore Road. A 67-year-old male reports finding a Samsung flat screen TV.
- Harassment compliant on the 100 block of Escarpment Drive. Statement taken from a 40-year-old female; a female juvenile was listed in the report. Investigation to continue.
- Open-door call at a business on the 700 block of Cayuga Street. Secured by patrol.
- Vehicle in a ditch on Indian Hill and Ridge roads. Vehicle removed by a family member.
- Reports of three suspicious vehicles at Bond Lake Park. Vehicles located and drivers sent on their way.
Friday, June 4
- Patrol reports conducting building checks of three businesses on the 400 block of Center Street. All locations secure.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 700 block of Powell Lane. Statement taken from a 53-year-old female who reported an unknown suspect threw a rock through a window of a vehicle. Report filed.
- Property damage complaint on the 4700 block of Eddy Drive West, concerning damage to lawns. No report wished.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 4800 block of Oakridge Lane. Statement taken from a 52-year-old male who reported unknown suspects threw a cinder block through a window of a vehicle. Report filed.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 500 block of Oak Run Drive. Statement taken from a 30-year-old female who reported damage to her vehicle overnight. A tire was slashed and the vehicle keyed. Report filed.
- Larceny complaint on the 1000 block of Swann Road. Statement taken from a 63-year-old male who reported a lawn mowing trailer and equipment were missing. Report filed.
- Two vehicle accidents - on Hyde Park Boulevard, statements taken, Lewiston No. 1 Volunteer Fire Co. EMS on scene and vehicles towed; on the 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, statement taken, other vehicle parked, no injuries; on the 900 block of Center Street, statements taken, one vehicle secured, no injuries; on South Fourth Street, statements taken. Separate reports filed.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 600 block of North Ridge Drive. Statement taken from a 37-year-old male who reported damage to his vehicle from a brick. Report filed.
Saturday, June 5
- Officer requested at Lewiston-Porter High School on the 4000 block of Creek Road. Statement taken from a school administrator concerning a problem with the driver's education program. Patrol to follow-up.
- Alarm response on the 400 block of Fort Gray Drive. All secure; no key holder. Report filed.
- Report of an intoxicated person in the roadway on the 900 block of Ridge Road. Patrol unable to locate.
- Vehicle/traffic stop on Creek Road. Patrol reported the pullover/arrest of a male for third degree aggravated unlicensed operation. Uniform traffic tickets issued and $200 bail posted to LPD. Report filed.
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 5000 block of Townline Road. Statement taken from an elderly male; report filed.
- Two-vehicle property-damage-only accident - on Garlow and Upper Mountain roads, statements taken, no tows or injured; one-vehicle/deer accident on Lewiston road, statement taken minor damage. Reports filed.
- Domestic incident on the 5000 block of Grove Street. Patrol spoke with a 43-year-old female and a 45-year-old male. Report filed.
- Report of a distressed female on a motorcycle on the Robert Moses Parkway. Patrol searched with negative results. Patrol cleared.
- Domestic incident on the 400 block of Riverview Drive. Patrol assisted the NCSD.
Sunday, June 6
- Criminal mischief complaint on the 500 block of Bridgeman Road. Officers advised that an unknown person threw a beer bottle through a front window of a residence. Call handled by the NCSD. Patrol cleared.
- Vehicle check on Saunders Settlement Road. Patrol reports a 28-year-old male was issued uniform traffic tickets for failure to keep right and for being an unlicensed operator. Vehicle secured for a licensed driver. Patrol cleared.
- Harassment complaint on the 1900 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 21-year-old female regarding a 21-year-old female suspect. Report filed.
- Burglary complaint on the 1200 block of Saunders Settlement Road. Statement taken from a 45-year-old male who reported his attached garage was broken into, a 4-wheeler was taken and tools were missing. NCSD ID unit on the scene. Patrol recovered the 4-wheeler from behind the garage. Report filed.
- Unwanted party on the 4600 block of Creek Road. Patrol spoke with a 43-year-old female who told officers she wanted her 20-year-old daughter to leave for the night. Patrol conducted a courtesy transport and cleared the call without incident.
- Criminal mischief to a mailbox on the 900 block of Oxbow Lane. Statement taken from a 44-year-old male regarding an unknown suspect. Report filed.
- Neighbor problem on the 400 block of Roosevelt Drive. Patrol spoke with a 71-year-old female who stated a male began shouting at her while she walked her dog in front of his. Patrol spoke with both parties and resolved the issue. Call cleared.